Garage Bike Rack

dawki

Hi Thinking of getting an in garage bike rack was wondering if it might be a bit tricky getting bikes on and off.

Have any of you fine people got one and able to advise if there worth getting.

Cheers Dawki

Hi Dawki,

When I was looking for a rack to put inside my van I looked at one made by Fiamma that slides out of the vehicle for loading on runners. If I needed one for a camper van garage, that would be top of my list. I expect you will find details on their website or at your dealer.

Nick

euroserv - 2010-05-01 12:53 PM

Hi Dawki,

When I was looking for a rack to put inside my van I looked at one made by Fiamma that slides out of the vehicle for loading on runners. If I needed one for a camper van garage, that would be top of my list. I expect you will find details on their website or at your dealer.

Nick

We have recently got one from Johns Cross and it looks "the biz" to us. We are off to see our newly arrived from Germany (yesterday) MH on Monday so we can check floor thickness for fittings etc. - Not to mention our first look at our new "baby"!! ;-) which will obviously also involve lots of sitting in it and taking photos. *-) We cannot collect it until 19th May unfortunately, still that will give the dealership time to add a few additional bits I suppose..... B-)

Guest JudgeMental
catinou - 2010-05-01 6:47 PM

We have recently got one from Johns Cross and it looks "the biz" to us. We are off to see our newly arrived from Germany (yesterday) MH on Monday so we can check floor thickness for fittings etc. - Not to mention our first look at our new "baby"!! ;-) which will obviously also involve lots of sitting in it and taking photos. *-) We cannot collect it until 19th May unfortunately, still that will give the dealership time to add a few additional bits I suppose..... B-)

what van have you bought then?

I just fixed and glued some hook plates on wall of garage and use bungees to secure bikes, cheap and cheerful *-)

Hi Judge,

We have got - or rather will have on 19th May - a Burstner Aviano i728G.

We opted for the garage slide pro as my husband has an old shoulder injury which plays him up from time to time if he is lifting and placing something at an awkward angle and I have arthritis (especially in my hands) and a weak back after an accident 30 years ago. We hope this contraption will help load big or heavy items into the garage a bit easier. (fingers crossed) *-)

We picked up the new solar panel today to add to our pile of "essentials" we have been collecting since ordering the new van. Can't wait to put it all together and try it out in June - hopefully recovered from a foot op. enough to go to France for a week or so.

We will certainly be looking at various ways of securing items in the garage so any ideas gratefully received... B-)

Guest JudgeMental

You 2 poor old sausages! :-|

Nice van, but have you enough payload for all the goodies? if 4000kg or above should be OK but have seen these plated at 3500kg which is just not practical at all.

the sliding rack sounds excellent what a great idea..I struggle to secure my bikes with me old back *-)

hi,

Yes the garage slide pro does look the business. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of it when I got my latest van and the dealer put in a "caravan" bike carrier. Its not so much putting the bikkes on the rack, its reaching to fasten the straps properly.

I did look at replacing it with a garage pro, but its not at the top of the priorities list at the moment so will have to wait until I get fed up contorting to do up the straps

alan

JudgeMental - 2010-05-01 10:16 PM

You 2 poor old sausages! :-|

Nice van, but have you enough payload for all the goodies? if 4000kg or above should be OK but have seen these plated at 3500kg which is just not practical at all.

the sliding rack sounds excellent what a great idea..I struggle to secure my bikes with me old back *-)

MTPLM = 4,000 kg Mass in Running Order = 3,165 kg (includes driver, 90% filling of fuel, water & gas (2 x 11kg aluminium cylinders), tools and cables (estimated). Gives us a starting point of 835 kg. This seems pretty good as a starting point BUT then we have got carried away with the toys to be added. *-) :$

We have kept a list of extras added by Burstner - larger fuel tank etc etc - plus the "bits" we have been collecting since ordering ready to be fitted so will certainly keep an eye on it - thanks for the warning Judge.

We have seen the "smiler" for the first time today (see photos below) and have asked the salesman to have it weighed on the day of collection (there is a weighbridge within a few hundred metres of the dealership) so we can check the starting point for ourselves.....fingers crossed ;-)

Aviano728.thumb.jpg.dd0aca1271df51fa77f3cb4770af877e.jpg

543465728_Aviano728Garage.jpg.7f887325b2469b6a520c2b93a901d3dc.jpg

Guest JudgeMental

Enjoy! :-D

I always weigh van when new and empty with fitted extras, you then know exactly where you stand......

We have had a Fiamma Garage Slide Pro for over a year now and it is a great piece of kit for loading our two 20kg electric bikes. It really is a doddle to load up from the outside and simply slide the lot in. Highly recommended.

Ron

Archived