Ford Transit Rear wheel drive based Motorhomes

Very true Brian, but as the chap is willing to consider other things, and it is a very rare thing to be able to get EVERYTHING you want in a motorhome, I though it worth a mention especially with his storage needs as this would negate the need for a large under a bed locker for his diving stuff. Unless he is intending to tow I'm not really sure why he actually NEEDS a RWD. Now having the FWD Transit, after our previous RWD Transit, we are quite happy with how it drives and the only real difference we've noticed is that the steering is slightly heavier.

And all equally true, but I nevertheless thought I should point it out, in case he failed to notice, and was then disappointed!

I'll wait to see how you feel after you've tried it fully laden on soft wet grass or mud.  A lightly laden FWD front axle has some difficulty shifting a heavily laden rear axle under these circumstances.  Not a frequent problem, and one it is relatively easy to avoid once you know, but definitely a good reason for either a RWD chassis, or a FWD van with better weight distribution, if you can find one!  :-)

Hi - you may like to consider the 2007 Ford Transit based LMC range which has what you want. Ours is the Liberty Start Ti 708. It is the manual/automatic Transit with single axle, double rear wheel drive. Good to drive and not bad economy for a 2.4L. Good on grass sites - not got stuck yet.

We bought it for the two large single fixed beds (which make up into an enormous double - if you want). It also has a large garage which easily holds our two bikes (and lots of other stuff).

Try Camper UK at Lincoln - they are the main LMC agents (and very good too) although we found ours by chance at another dealer.

But there are not many of these around so you may have to search.

Hi - you may like to consider the 2007 Ford Transit based LMC range which has what you want. Ours is the Liberty Start Ti 708. It is the manual/automatic Transit with single axle, double rear wheel drive. Good to drive and not bad economy for a 2.4L. Good on grass sites - not got stuck yet.

We bought it for the two large single fixed beds (which make up into an enormous double - if you want). It also has a large garage which easily holds our two bikes (and lots of other stuff).

Try Camper UK at Lincoln - they are the main LMC agents (and very good too) although we found ours by chance at another dealer.

But there are not many of these around so you may have to search.

Archived