Motorhome with an end lounge, advice wanted??

Barky Bill

Hi everyone, I'm a newby to this forum, but it seemed the right place to ask for some advice.

My wife and I are looking for a new or nearly new motorhome, to be more specific, we saw a unit whilst we were out once with our old VW camper, which we thought might have been a Swift Sundance, it had a nice (convertable) end lounge and a mid kitchen/bathroom, but wasn't a huge van, (under 6 mtrs).

I can't seem to find this layout on the Swift site, or any other for that matter, unless I go to a huge van, which I can't store.

Any suggestions or links to something that might fit my requirements?

I had a 56 reg Elddis Autoquest 120 with that configuration and it was under 6 metres. It was on a 2.2 Peugeot Boxer (pre facelift) and gave me no problems at all.

I would imagine they are still being made. I do know that Elddis have a varied range of vans.

Sub 6 metre is getting harder to find, even in a panel van conversion.

747 - 2010-05-04 1:13 PM

I had a 56 reg Elddis Autoquest 120 with that configuration and it was under 6 metres. It was on a 2.2 Peugeot Boxer (pre facelift) and gave me no problems at all.

I would imagine they are still being made. I do know that Elddis have a varied range of vans.

Sub 6 metre is getting harder to find, even in a panel van conversion.

http://www.glossopcaravans.co.uk/motorhomes_new_elddis_autoquest_120.html

Our Swift Kon Tiki 610 has the end lounge with the middle bathroom and kitchen opposite, we especially looked for this arrangement it is the same as we had in our Avondale caravan, which we were very happy with, as we only wanted the two berths, it makes up into a very large bed or two singles and relaxing we can both have a long stretch out. And it is just over 2o' I think.

We've got a 2009 Elddis Sunseeker 120, which we've had since new.

No real problems, and we love it !

Just under 6 metres.

Far more roomy and relaxing than vans with dinettes and fixed beds.

Glad it came with blown air electric heating as we use it all year.

Andy

Our 1st van was an 54 reg Elddis 400,the bigger version of the 200,its 18" longer than the 200 series,u shaped rear lounge could be used as 2 full length singles without making the bed up,making the bed up properly gives you near enough 6`6" x 6`6".The new elddis 140 would give you the same internally as the old 400 but its a longer van because of the new front and rear bumper designs,also shop around because different dealers fit extras that make the vans a much better proposition...hope this helps

Archived