Tax 12 months gone up

sparts

Hi peeps, just a quick question if i may

I found that my tax renewle on our itineo van which is 20 ft under 3.5 ton has gone up from 180 odd last year to 205 pounds this year, is any one out there the knoledge of if this correct only seems that it has gone up a lot.

my details on doc state plg validation charactor is 7 what ever that is and iwwas not aware of tax going up any ore tho i have not had my head above the rocks lately so may have missed somat :0)

I know! It's mad isn't it?

Our 3.5T vans are now £200

Our 4.0T vans are still £165, as are our 7.5T trucks!

If I bought a new 9 seat mini bus today the tax would be £750 but if it was big enough to have 16 seats or more it would only cost £165!!!!

Here is an interesting one for you though.. If you buy a euro 5 commercial under 3.5T before the end of December this year it will attract a VED charge of just £125 this year and every year onwards until someone more clueless decides to change it.

Idiotic. All of it!

The only relevant place to charge for polluting the atmosphere is on fuel duty. Use more, (emit more), pay more. Simple.

If we were French we would be revolting.

Nick

Hi,

I think a validation character is exactly that. The Data Input girl (sometimes bloke) keys the registration into the computer. The computer performs a little sum (complicated formula) and the answer should match the validation character which the girl inputs a fraction of a second later.

If they do not match, she has to re-input both reg and VC, carefully this time. If they still don't match, she can force it in so somebody can investigate it later.

Similar systen for inputing Driver Numbers, but more complicated formula ..... used to take us about ten minutes doing it longhand. Every alpha character has a numeric value, as do punctuation symbols.

sparts - 2010-05-05 10:46 AM

Hi peeps, just a quick question if i may

I found that my tax renewle on our itineo van which is 20 ft under 3.5 ton has gone up from 180 odd last year to 205 pounds this year, is any one out there the knoledge of if this correct only seems that it has gone up a lot.

my details on doc state plg validation charactor is 7 what ever that is and iwwas not aware of tax going up any ore tho i have not had my head above the rocks lately so may have missed somat :0)

After the events of today a £25 increase in any tax will be pretty small beer!

V

When I ordered my van I opted to pay a lot more money for a version with a "green" Euro IV engine. In return, the deal with Alistair Darling was that I would have to pay just £60 per year road tax. My trust was of course betrayed by Mr Darling, who changed the deal after I had paid a non-refundable deposit to the supplier. 3 years on and I am told I have to pay £205 a year..... Why am I not surprised?

Bob

:-(

Archived