Transit MK 7 headlights

hallii

I have ordered a pair of headlight protectors for my Mk7 Ford transit.(2007)

I want to stick some black tape to them so as to make the headlights OK for continental use.

Does anyone know where to mask them?

Thanks, Hallii

Hi Geoff.

Firstly, you'd be better IMHO with "benders" from an accessory shop, for two reasons:

1) black tape may cause overheating and

2) it reduces the total amount of illumination onto the road (whereas the benders redirect the unwanted light).

Either way though, you need to lose the bit of light which points slightly upwards at the top left of each beam. You'll see this if you point the headlights at a wall or garage door. Then you move your (unstick!) benders or tape around until that bit of beam no longer sticks up. Mark the position on the protectors, stick down your tape or benders, and "Robert's your mother's brother!"

My personal "special trick" is to use oval "universal" benders, which can be fitted two ways depending which direction you're crossing the channel (RHD/LHD or LHD/RHD). I've fitted them the "wrong" way round, on the INSIDE of my protectors, so they're much less likely to come off, and I've got a nice smooth surface to keep clean.

JohnP

The reason for the missing on-line instructions is because the 'free' webspace that I was using to host them was withdrawn. Sad.

I have emailed the details to you (and the others who asked).

Michael

Archived