Outside Temperature

Hi

Anyone any innovative ideas on getting the outside temperature displayed on the dashboard please? I have a weather station and outside monitor but it isn't like a car with the termperature displayed with the other dials. I am advised that Fiat vans can't have outside temp retrspectively fitted, it needs the computer fitting when manufactured.

Not exactly what you are looking for but either Aldi or Lidl sold a cheap one recently.

It could be attached on top of the dash somewhere and is also a digital clock. It gives the inside temp. and has a long lead which gives the outside temp.

This winter, I stuck the lead outside just by opening the passenger door, hooking the lead on the handle and closing it again. It works pretty well, it has a frost alarm on it as well.

No doubt they will come up for sale again. You could do a google and maybe find one.

Most Car Accessory shops sell them. I have one mounted on the dash, just above the instrument cluster, with blu-tack. It reads inside or outside temperature, I fitted the outside sensor inside the front bumper, I often compare it with the overhead motorway signs and find it to be quite accurate.

The unit also has a clock with large numbers which reads 24 hour or 12 hour. A blue backlight for night time use is operatated by a push switch on the side. It cost £9.99 in Sainsbury's Homebase.

Archived