morocco

• 1 year later...

Thats about the biggest load of bull_ _ _ _, I have every read on this Forum. We were with DD in March the Tour was well organised, Ray and all his team are very efficient and informative regarding Morocco, Ray also takes an interest in his clients, coming round to each and everyone of us when on Sites and having a chat and making sure everyone is OK. We had about 5 meals provided by the team plus the one on the last night in a Ryad in Essouria.

We would not hesitate in recommending DD to any one interested in going to Morocco, and we would be interested in going on the Discovery Tour.

Ray dos not suffer fools gladly.

David

• 9 months later...

I've been reading this thread with interest.

We've just returned from travelling independently for a month in Morocco. It was so easy to get in and out, and drive around. All it takes is a little bit of planning as the campsites are generally quite far apart.

If you fancy an adventure, you really don't need to take an organised tour, however if you like the comfort of knowing someone will sort it all out for you, then a tour would be the way to go.

We were there from 24 Jan 2012 until 23 Feb, and updated our blog every day. There are loads of pics and info on where we went, and also you'll see that we were scared at first, but after a couple of days we settled into it, in less than a week - we loved it!

Please go, there aren't enough British motorhomes over there. It's so beautiful, varied (desert, snowy mountains, seaside etc) and cheap - it's a shame more people don't venture over there.

Julie

OurTour.co.uk - A mid life European and Moroccan wander in a motorhome

plumbersvan - 2012-03-20 3:36 PM

I met a couple(11th March 2012) just back from Morroco they told me its great,not their first winter there.AND 3G pre pay costs 18€ pm for unlimited use? 8-) They said they used skype to call home regularly 8-) In which case it cant be bad B-)

There is lots of information here about the 3G internet in Morocco which might be of use:

http://www.europebycamper.com/2012/01/morocco-3g-internet-dongle-maroc.html

We followed Adam's (Europebycamper) advice and bought an Internet dongle from Marco Telecom. It cost 200Dh, about £18 and worked a treat. We used it to update our blog, load videos onto it via YouTube and Skype our families.

It did slow down a bit at night - especially the weekends- but otherwise better speed than we get in Europe on our vodaphone data traveller sim. The only place we couldn't get it to work was in an oasis in the desert - source bleu de meski - however the oasis is in a crack in the desert, so you can appreciate why.

Julie

OurTour.co.uk - A mid life European and Moroccan wander in a motorhome.

Archived