Phantom (tracker)

Madmaggott

We bought our van last august and recently discovered that it actually had a Phantom system fitted when new.  Decided that it would make sense to get this activated, as it is already on.

My OH telephoned them to arrange this, they told him that it cannot be reactivated (BTW it was last used 'late' 2008).  They said that we would have to have a completely new system fitted (eh?)

Can anyone tell me why this should be the case?  It doesn't make sense to me that they would rather not have our custom unless we choose to completely reinstall the system.

Oh, I take it no-one has any knowledge of this then?  Well it was worth a try.

We've asked the dealer if he can contact the previous owner for us to see if we can get the PIN.  Not that phantom has asked for it but we thought it might help.

Thanks for the links.

Brambles, I've read through the posts; very interesting!  Had no luck so far with getting it re-activated and we did check with our insurer who offers no further discount for tracker anyway.  I think Phantom have done themselves out of our custom.

The signal blocking device is an eye opener isn't it?  Overall maybe we're lucky they did refuse our £'s.

Archived