Greetings from Albania

Don Madge

Evening all,

We have survived the first five days in Albania, just. The roads have to be seen to be believed. I think Mercedes are using Albania as a testing ground for their cars, there are literally hundreds most being driven by kamikaze drivers.

We are having a weekends rest before venturing into Montenegro on Monday. We are on a site near Shkoder that is run by a Dutch family, wifi included in price and an excellent restaurant as well.

Albania is a grim country a huge construction site in many places but the people are fantastic.

We ambled up the west coast and saw some of the few unspoilt beaches left in Europe, soon to be spoilt?

Safe travelling.

Don

Sssnake - 2010-05-07 8:19 PM

Have you ever seen so many petrol stations anywhere, ever? I think it's a money laundering scam!

It's the car washes that out number the petrol stations :-D

It took some time to work out that "s**tet" meant for sale.

Don

so south east europe is not the scary place i thought? 8-)

and when i go to croatia and turkey, any route (roads permitting) is possible??? *-)

are campsites the only option, or will you be listing the possible stops/taps/etc as you did on that wonderfull report from cretee??

KeithR - 2010-05-07 10:43 PM

so south east europe is not the scary place i thought? 8-)

and when i go to croatia and turkey, any route (roads permitting) is possible??? *-)

are campsites the only option, or will you be listing the possible stops/taps/etc as you did on that wonderfull report from cretee??

In Croatia I would recommend that you stick to main roads. We went a few years ago and when trying to take a 'short cut' on what appeared to be 'B' roads on the map, we ended up on what we would class as a bridle path.

We wasted an hour or two re-tracing our route.

Hi Richard,

I hope all is well with you both. Have you lost your job as camp comandant after the fire ? :-D :-D :-D

My neck is holding up very well as long as I keep taking the tablets. 8-) 8-)

Hi Kieth,

I will post all the usual info on Albania and Montenegro as soon as get it all together.

You won't have any problems as long as you use common sense and I would stick to the main roads as suggested. :-D :-D

Safe travelling.

Don

Archived