Camos Crank-Up Satellite

hymerwoman

Hello,

I have just purchased a Timberland Endeavour and wondered if anyone has fitted the camos crank up satellite dish to this vehicle,or has anyone fitted one to any panel van.

The reason i am asking this is that i read that installation can be a bit tricky due to lack of supports in the roof.

Yes I have fitted the Camos crankup to several panel vans including the New style Fiat and Renault Master. The only issues I came up against is the ridges on the roof need some packing material between them to give a big enough flat area to mount the dish and on some vans packers need inserting between the ceiling and original van roof to stop the ceiling flexing.

D.

Hi, here's a step by step guide, with pictures, from somebody who fitted a Flatsat to a van conversion, albeit one with a GRP roof. It may prove useful to you. I fitted one last year (to my coachbuilt) and it was helpful to me.

http://articles.campervanstuff.com/articles_live/START_page.html

I guess that the packing or support that you may need on your roof will be fairly individual to your particular van having regard to the way that the roof has been constructed. You should, however, give particular attention to choosing a roof location that gives you as level a situation as possible, otherwise you may experience undesirable skew problems in fringe reception areas if you are parked the 'wrong way'.

Nobby

Archived