insurance

rapidoman

As they are a broker (and not an agent), whose insurance (underwriter), and breakdown cover, are they offering?  All they are doing is selling you someone else's (probably very good) insurance - Red Star, AVIVA etc.  It is the underwriter you need to know about.  If you have a claim, it is the underwriter who settles - or not!  Have you checked the breakdown cover is for a vehicle the size and weight of yours?  Have you checked the scope of the breakdown cover, whether it includes recovery, and what it provides in Europe?  Have you checked which European countries are covered, Croatia, for example is not EEC, and some policies cover EEC countries only.  Have you checked the insurance covers everything you think you will need?  If yes to all the above, and the underwriter is a well reputed firm, why would you not accept?

Hi, i've been using caravan guard for the last 8 years and find them very satisfactory, had one need of recovery with my unreliable Peugeot i used to have and it was straight forward operation, i have e-mailed questions to them and always had a reply within 24hrs, you can tailor your own package to suit the cover you need, good discounts for security/protection, and 8 months european cover in any 12, and i have recently enquired about taking that 8 months all in one go, to which they said no problem, useful if thinking about extended trips such as us, paying around £350 at moment fully comp, b/down and recovery throughout europe, on a 07 Hymer A class, but i do have cat 1 alarm, tracker, double locks, and its on my drive, worth a call? regards snail

I have been with Safeguard for many years and have always shouted their praise. however, with new van they have told me that premium due on 1 July will be £600. I have done some ringing around and caravan Guard came out cheapest at £420 incl. UK & European Breakdown (Home start, Roadside and Recovery). So although I have been more than pleased with Safeguard I am not going to pay an extra £180 for the pleasure.

I may also be able to get the Caravan Guard quote down by £100 as I have got 3 years RAC UK & European Breakdown cover with the new van (Home start, roadside and recovery) :D

Big Momma - 2010-05-12 6:28 PM

I have been with Safeguard for many years and have always shouted their praise. however, with new van they have told me that premium due on 1 July will be £600. I have done some ringing around and caravan Guard came out cheapest at £420 incl. UK & European Breakdown (Home start, Roadside and Recovery). So although I have been more than pleased with Safeguard I am not going to pay an extra £180 for the pleasure.

I may also be able to get the Caravan Guard quote down by £100 as I have got 3 years RAC UK & European Breakdown cover with the new van (Home start, roadside and recovery) :D

Been with Caravan Guard from start of MH, bought new and had as you do three years cover with the AA (Now RAC). They did say that the breakdown cover was automatic, so did not make any difference to our price. So wish you luck on trying to get a reduction. I will say that they are good, and came to our rescue very promptly, when we had an accident last year. even on a weekend, arranged a tow home some 500 miles , From Scotland to South Coast.

PJay

Just renewed with Caravan Guard , same price as last year, £290 for 2006 Peugeot Boxer Devon conversion, including European use and breakdown. Seemed good value to me, though so far ,after 3 years with them, I have thankfully not had to put them to the test. They are also based in Halifax so they speak with the right (Yorkshire) accent.

I have used Caravanguard for the last 5 years and have called the breakdown service out 2 times. Both in the UK and in France. Both times the service was excellent. Also had a claim for broken glass and the claim was settled straight away to be done at a time and place of my choice.

Not time for renewal yet but I would hope the price is still low.

Clive.

My renewal has just come through with the Caravan Club and it's £60 more than last year.

I searched online and have just renewed with Comfort Insurance (Aviva insurance) for £280 - almost £100 less than my renewal quote.

They have a good online facility where all the motorhome details can be included.

Unfortunately my premium went up by £60 as soon as I added Photographer as my profession, otherwise it would've been only £220 fully comp - pretty good I thought considering I'm under 50 years old.

John

Also just moved from Safeguard to Comfort this year - saving £190 for same level of cover including EU breakdown.

Very surprised by the increases in Safeguard (been with them for a number of years) and when I rang to enquire they just said it was because it was a high value 'van - but that is the same value for any other insurer!

David

Archived