New X250/Bessacarr habitation door

Way2Go

Cripes Way2Go she really has got you going, no doubt you're all fired up with exessive energy, perhaps you're not aware that your title name is still "Ma 'n Pa"

Does that mean there are family additions lined up for the future. I'm inclined to say there's a look of the silly grin syndrome appearing too, but of course that would be unfair.

art

Well, as you can see, Ma is back from visiting her sister and thinks that things have been a bit 'relaxed' around here.

Apparently she's signed us up with the National Guard and were off to boot camp for the next 7 days and we're not allowed to communicate with anyone as we won't be able to get a signal.

It's so good to have Ma back!!!!!!!

W2G . . . . see you in a week's time if boot camp doesn't kill me first.

Way2Go - 2010-05-14 7:29 AM

Just got my Bessacarr back from having it's new habitation door fitted - under warranty :-)

Like others, mine was checked for the gas strut issue and the dealer confirmed that the door had also de-laminated and should therefore be replaced.

Swift said they wouldn't replace it under warranty as we'd missed out our last habitation check and therefore the warranty was nul and void which was fair enough.  However, my local dealer said the replacement was approx £1,000 so fought long and hard for us and Swift eventually gave in and replaced it as a good will gesture.  Smiles all around :-)  :-)

The new aircraft style door is fantastic and a 200% improvement over the original one.  It now opens fully - for the first time - and has a pin that locates into a socket attached on the bodywork similar to a caravan.  We now have full-width access to get in and out of the habitation area and the opening and closing is 500% smoother than the original.

The door now closes smoothly and quietly and can be closed correctly unlike the old one that had to be slammed with as much force as you could muster.

All-in-all an excellent job and we've very pleased.

W2G

Just out of interest have they improved the hinge fixing on the new door? At one point their doors were fixed with one single small screw in each hinge. I also asked them over two years ago why they did not use a simple hold back catch to enable the door to fold back out of the way and reduce any stress on it. Seems they have at last come to their senses. Maybe we should take a second look at one. We nearly bought one last year but it was a number of silly design features like the door that stopped us.

Way2Go - 2010-06-04 6:40 AM

Well, as you can see, Ma is back from visiting her sister and thinks that things have been a bit 'relaxed' around here.

Apparently she's signed us up with the National Guard and were off to boot camp for the next 7 days and we're not allowed to communicate with anyone as we won't be able to get a signal.

It's so good to have Ma back!!!!!!!

W2G . . . . see you in a week's time if boot camp doesn't kill me first.

And there's me here thinking you got the flak jacket on ready for when Ma gets home (lol) (lol)

Archived