heater problems

anlar

Hi

we own a 2006 trigano tribute, pre facelift model.

There appears to be a fault on the webasto diesal powered habitaion heater.

When the unit has been switched on for approx 5 minutes the green pilot light starts to flash indicating a fault. There is a faint diesal(ish) smell (unburnt fuel??).

There is plenty of fual in the tank and the fault occurs on and off hook up.

Has anybody got thoughts on the cause of the fault and the remedy??.

Thanks, Andy

The flashing indicator light should give you the fault code. I think all Webastos use the same system, the light gives a series of rapid flashes followed by a series of slow flashes, count the slow flashes to give the fault code number, i.e. 3 slow flashes = fault code F 03 (normally low battery)

There's a list of fault codes here: http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_main/technical_publications_germany/Operation/776247.pdf The manual is for the AirTop 3500/5000 but I'm pretty sure the fault codes are common across the range.

Andy

The OP's Trigano is probably fitted with the Webasto Air Top 2000 heater. My 2008 model is.

As Andy says, the codes are much the same as for the 3500 but they go only to 10 slow blinks:

F 01 No start (after 2 attempts)

F 02 Flame out (at least >5)

F 03 Voltage too low or too high

F 04 Premature flame detection

F 05 Flame sensor open or short circuit

F 06 Temperature sensor open or short circuit

F 07 Dosing pump open or short circuit

F 08 Fan motor open or short circuit or wrong speed

F 09 Glow plug open or short circuit

F 10 Overheating .

I suspect these are of practical value only to professional repairers. The Webasto Web site is a good source for these. See http://www.webasto-outdoors.com/service.html .

Roger

Archived