Aires en route to Alsace

Mike P

Hi All,

We're heading for Alsace at the weekend, disembaking Duinkirque on Friday at 11.00pm local time, and will be looking for a suitable aire to head for to overnight. I would be grateful of any recommendations.

On the side, does anyone have information on fishing in France (fly or spinning)?

Many thanks in advance

We have used the Aire at Stennay, that is an easy run from Dunkirk and you will get on at any time as it has two sites one taking 5 to 10 vans and one taking 130 vans. Nice location either side of a riverside marina with clean showers and toilet facilities.

Bas

Mandy&Andy - 2010-05-17 2:06 PM

Stenay Aire - surrounded by water so plenty of fishing for you.

A tip on this site at Stenay if you want to be where Andy has taken the photo you need to call at Tourist Office first as it has a barrier you need the code, or on the other side you can probably park there untill someone comes round to collect around 6.30pm or 8.00am.

Oh and arriving at 11.00pm you wont want to drive far Id head for Le Portal or Gravelines.

If you are arriving at 11pm then why not park up in front of the Booking Office.

We arrived at 1am 2 weeks ago and stoped there and had a very quiet night. Just come off the ferry and out to the roundabout, go right around and back into the Booking Office.

RD

After you've spent a night at Dunkirk, you could take the free motorway through Belgium, turn south at Luxembourg and spend a night at the aire at Pont a Mousson. 6 euros, including electricity and a super view of the Moselle river. the aire takes 25 vans, we were there in March and the town is quite pretty.

ROND - 2010-05-17 7:22 PM

If you are arriving at 11pm then why not park up in front of the Booking Office.

We arrived at 1am 2 weeks ago and stoped there and had a very quiet night. Just come off the ferry and out to the roundabout, go right around and back into the Booking Office.

RD

That sounds like Calais and not DUNKERQUE ??????

RD

That sounds like Calais and not DUNKERQUE ????? Sorry double post.

vindiboy - 2010-05-18 9:41 AM

RD

That sounds like Calais and not DUNKERQUE ??????

No Definatly Dunkirk, having stopped at both Calais and Dunkirk dozens of times in the past 10 years i think i know the difference by now.

Yes you can park outside the ticket office at Calais just the same as you can in Dunkirk and on Thursday last there were about 8 motorhomes and caravans there at Dunkirk.

RD

RD

Hi,why dont you just leave Dunkerque port, down to the 1st r'about, 3rd exit (I think) continue up the road to Grande Smythe where you will find the big Auchan, tons of parking, get you head down and in the morning you can fill up with fuel, get any shopping you want and off you go. I plus lots of others have been doing it for a few years now.

Archived