Vets in St Gilles Qroix- De- Vie

Den

Hi

Were taking our dogs for the first time to France. I did look in the French yellow pages (it was in French.. Would you believe it) so wasn't a lot of help.We need the dogs to attend the Vetinare on the 7th June am. Long shot i know so if anyone has information it would be much appreciated. The reason i chose St Gilles it suits us better than killing time in Calais for 24hrs or so.

Thanks Dennis

They has been lots of information on Vets in France and there is a link to google maps with vets as well! the search isnt working so you might have to read back a few pages. Most largish villages have Vets so I wouldnt worry if you are on a site you can just ask someone.

Hi Den, we have been taking our border collie for nine years now, used a vet in Calais but this has now got quite expensive.

If you are happy with using the French aires may i suggest as we do stopping in Saint vallery en Somme, really nice small town, good aire for a lot of vans, try to get there by two pm to find spaces as it quite popular you can then walk to the town which runs alongside the estuary and find the vet, get your dog sorted, he is there in the evenings around five'ish and speaks some english, just show the passport and he will know the score and its a lot cheaper than Calais, no need to try to park the van in small spaces and baker calls at the aire in the mornings! i think its limited to 48hr stay buy a ticket from the m/c as the local police do patrol it, hope this helps as an alternative, regards brian

Thankyou for trhe responce. The wife has won ....AGAIN... We are now staying the last 2 nights at La Chaumiere. I personaly wanted to kick my heels further away from the Calais Basin. Still we go back out to France later in June for a long weekend and then i can get my own back. So thanks again..

Dennis

Archived