TV Bracket

pilote742

I have been looking for a drop down bracket for TV, which sits in a small cupboard and pulls out on two runners when in use, it is a little high and if dropped down would prevent neck strain - anyone come across such a bracket?

Thanks

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Hymer MH 3 years ago and from memory I think it had such a bracket . not sure its exactly what you describe but the TV stored flat (horizontally) then when pulled out you dropped it down on a single arm.

Cant give you much more than that , but I've not seen it on other MHs recently that we've looked at.

Sounds like the one in my Hymer, slides out then drops down. Saw your post the other day & spent ages going through catalogues of all the bracket manufacturers & searched the web no luck.

I think it must be made for Hymer the drop down part looks like a mass produced bit that may have had the slide out rails welded on.

Thanks for the replies, looks like this is not something I can purchase of the shelf. My TV tilts up and down, but I would really like to have it drop down about 12" will probably have to do a DIY Job as suggested.

Philip

Have found the bracket (I think) at www.lcsleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Brackets

look at the Project 2000 Height Adjustable LCD Holder, Product Code: BRACKET015, a little pricy but might save the sore neck for anyone who might be interested.

Philip

Lenny

Spot on that is exactly what I am looking for, I have taken some pictures of the bracket which is already fitted, and what I want is the drop down section. Hope the pictures work!! Is that the project 2000 height plate?

261505699_TVBracket.jpg.9591ac7970d5deb432946839e1c7e520.jpg

927483618_TVBracket1.thumb.jpg.be666b11c8545c5805a0a992c89da46b.jpg

1759272122_TVBracket2.jpg.de7e84beebbf1892d4fb7eac7e7104f8.jpg

Hi Philip,

Couldn't see a manufacturers logo on mine it was a standard Hymer fit in the van I'll have another look later when rain & gale abates.

I miss read your original post didn't realise you already had sliding rails, with a drop down plate you will probably loose the ability to swivel the TV. Means I have to stay up to watch the end of a film & wife goes to bed then does her nut about the bed vibrating (no comments please), there's an amp and sub-woofer under the bed (standard fit again).

Just had another look, I even took the TV off, no manufacturers logo visible. The slide out is a concoction of 3 heavy duty runners & completely separate to the drop down bracket. Had another search can't find anything similar.

Lenny

Thanks very much, this has been a great help. Mine is labeled on the end of the bracket with a sticker Project 2000. The advert which I related to refer to project 2000, so I can assume it is suitable, loos similar to what you have. I take your point about the swivel being lost, and you are correct. It's a compromise between, sore neck an no TV in bed. I'll have to add the sub-woofer to give those vibrations!! or add a tv in the bed-room.

Many thanks again

Philip

Archived