Length of vehicle for ferry crossings

John Edward

I've just bought a Rimor Sailer which is 7.5m long. I live in Spain and want to visit the UK. I've looked at various ferry companies' web sites and am alarmed that most of them only go up to 6.5m. I've booked on the Eurotunnel to the UK in June but would like to return by ferry. Can somebody tell me which ferry companies will accommodate a vehicle of 7.5m?

Thanks, John

Dont worry they all take vehicles longer than 6,5mtr.

It pays to shop around the different operators for the cheapest fare but try the following they all take long motorhomes.

Seafrance

P@O

Norfolkline

Hi

Like you I live in Spain and vist UK by road on a frequent basis

Some web sites from agents only go to 6.5 m if you go to the opperators web site you should find it goes way past 6.5 m as for the Tunnel they don't even ask you for a specific length height is more important as there are two heights of carraige double and single deck.

I find that P&O or Sea france offer the best prices for the short crossing as low as £28 Dover Calais for a 7.2 m and 2 persons 3 dogs and there are plenty of sailings to choose from

Enjoy your trip

Our preferred carrier was P&O but after a couple of diabolical trips with them last year and they along with Seafrance have cost more this year for us. Norfolkline came up with the best prices (£52 return at sensible times)though I am a little disappointed to see they are taking coaches now as that was the cause of the diabolical trips with P&O with very unruly children on school trips running amok whilst their teachers ignored them.

Bas

Archived