Ventura sat nav

hymer1942

hymer1942 - 2010-05-21 3:02 PM

Hello all, has anyone got either the 7000, or the 2000 version of the above and if so can you tell me is it worth the money

Regards Barrie

I have the S7000, I quite like it, especially as it has CC and C&CC sites preloaded as well as ACSI Europe campsites, Bord Atlas sites. Navigation mapping is up to date and clear. There are lots of other bits and pieces on it which are quite useful.

It is expensive and it may be worth shopping around, it will depend on what you want it for. I have used it in the M'Home twice but too early to say if it is as good as it claims on keepng you off narrow roads etc.

We changed our Garmin for the S7000 earlier this year and have found it superior in giving precise and accurate directions in a clear spoken voice.

Ours does have an annoying fault which I will take up with the technicians it freezes from time to time and has to be rebooted which the other half does easily.

For the best price try tradingdirect.co.uk they even gave a discount on the old Garmin. I paid £326 including all the extras, but was able to collect as they were only down the road at Bisley.

Archived