Window Screens

Bailey

I need to remove a window fly screen to clean it. It is situated above the cooker so has some grease spots on it. I can't clean it while it is installed as it is flimsy and I need to rub it quite firmly to clean it and I'm afraid I'll damage it. I couldn't find the name of the manufacturer on it but found one like it on line - I'll add a link to a company that sells one similar at the end so anyone can see what it looks like. Does anyone have similar blinds/screens in their motorhome. I feel I should be able to take the whole unit off but don't know where to start. Do the corner pieces pop out? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.miriad-products.com/product.php?xProd=1822&xSec=113

Hi Bailey,

I had to remove the identical blind in our MH to do a repair and it comes apart very easily.

If you gently lift the corner pieces with a fingernail or something similar they unhook from the main frame revealing the screws which hold the unit to the wall.

If you lose the tension in the rollers I found I could retension them with a screwdriver on the end of the roller.

Refitting is a case of screwing the unit back on the wall then clipping the corners back on.

Simples!

Keith.

Edit: My post crossed with Brian's.

Forgot to say remove the corner pieces from the inside edge first then slide outwards to unhook the outer edge. Hope that makes sense.

They are most probably screwed on, so look for plugs covering screw heads or, as appears may be the case, see if the corner pieces prize off to reveal screws beneath: probbaly one per corner.  If you are uneasy about pulling them around, why not ring Miriad and ask if they can tell you how the blinds fix?

Archived