Memesis wheel clamps

tyreman

New User

Having opened a few wheel clamps in my time, legally of course, I like the Nemisis as its basically a version of the one used by the DVLA

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cpsenforcement.com/prod_img/t_12.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cpsenforcement.com/security-products.php%3Fcid%3D2&usg=__wDIZB5NZiO4uADHaUHfFtTmYAiU=&h=69&w=100&sz=4&hl=en&start=44&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=rSH90gfShSHTAM:&tbnh=57&tbnw=82&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddvla%2Bwheel%2Bclamp%26start%3D40%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-gb:IE-Address%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1

The thing to remember is I bought a load of these DVLA type with no keys, the first one took ages to open, once I had perfected the tecnique I could do it in two mins,I wont disclose how I did it but no damage is made to the vehicle and the clamp, now I am not knocking these clamps, I feel they are the best on the market as they are easy to fit and can be fitted in 30 seconds with practice, and I feel quite secure.

But remember a professional thief will be cluded up and often carry grinders and Oxy Acetylene gear so most things are off in a second.

But it will deter the casual thief as with out the correct equipment you could be there all day.

If I was buying a new clamp I would go for the Nemesys or the DVLA one above as providing you fit it correctly I feel it is a good deterrant.

There is another anti theft thing I recall that bolts on to the hub and is burner proof, I had an indepth discussion about it with the designer and I feel its very good, just cant remember the name of it LOL

To anyone thinking of buying a wheel clamp look to these 3 questions.

Do you know what a battery powered angle grinder looks like and what it can do ?

Has the clamp you fancy got a lock on it that would easily be cut of by the grinder.

Has the clamp got easilty cut off arms that go around the wheel.

Hence; clamp to go for should have a recessed lock and plenty metal with no thin stuff.

Does this clamp exist. Don't think so unless you get one made by a good blacksmith/metal worker.

Bet there's someone out there with the "Undestructable". (made by Arni and designed by the A-team.

Gordy..

lennyhb - 2010-05-27 8:57 AM

What's the point vehicles manufactured since about 1995 have cat 2 immobilisers so to nick it you either need the keys, tow it away or put it on a low loader.

Problem now is a thief must be good with a lap top not a crow bar.

The imobilisers can be bypassed, I have even heard of a thief coming equiped with a new set of locks etc and fitting them as even if the bits are £1000+ you can get a £30000 motor home

gordonaldson - 2010-05-27 8:12 PM

To anyone thinking of buying a wheel clamp look to these 3 questions.

Do you know what a battery powered angle grinder looks like and what it can do ?.

Gordy..

I agree Clamps are only a deterrant, but a well equipped thief can take anything, but I still fit mine

Archived