Status TV aerial

crob

I have a Status 530 aerial in the van which may be faulty. I have bought an Avtex digital box, but I am getting "No programmes found". I also have a digital signal finder that I connect to the aerial coax, but this also is not showing any signals being received. Some while ago, the antennae on the aerial got damaged on overhanging branches etc., although I did not think that these were required for reception in UK?

My question is:

Is there a way, other than those above, that I can check if the aerial is working? I know that I can spend around £100 for a new one, but I don't want to do this, only to find that it doesn't fix the problem!

And to answer the obvious question - yes, we are in a digital TV part of the country, albeit not very good - near to Bude.

Thanks for your anticipated replies.

Colin Robinson.

Hi Colin,

The first and most obvious question is have you got the amplifier/power supply unit connected to the co-ax coming through the roof and is this powered up correctly.

These aerials will only work with the correct power supply unit connected to them. They then send power up the co-ax to the aerial to make the aerial work.

No power supply = no signal.

Keith.

PS To answer your question you do not have to have the 'Pinnacle' fitted for horizontally polarized TV reception.

Archived