motorhome with u shaped lounge wanted

topfitter1

hi

i am looking for a 4 berth motorhome with double above cab and a u shaped lounge, i am looking for around 2005 with 2.3 multi valve engine or something near to that

looking to spend £19/21.000 anybody know of one for sale private within 50/60 miles of halifax west yorkshire

thanks

ken :-D

hi,

i put £19/21.000 as i have just missed out on two private sales localy so i thought that would be a good starter point.

i would be willing to look at any motorhome around that sort of money, also i have had a couple of pm's with motorhomes at £21.000 but alas both with L shaped lounge's but if no U shaped turns up we will be in contact with them to have a look

thanks

topfitter1 - 2010-06-03 2:00 PM

hi

i am looking for a 4 berth motorhome with double above cab and a u shaped lounge, i am looking for around 2005 with 2.3 multi valve engine or something near to that

looking to spend £19/21.000 anybody know of one for sale private within 50/60 miles of halifax west yorkshire

thanks

Now are you actually in Halifax... if so have a look at Baldwins at Copley.. or over to Huddersfield to Lowdhams.both worth a wander around!!

Yes Brian it's a B634 with a lovely rear lounge and built to last for many years to come. I used to own a 550 Merc starline, the baby of the fleet and would still have it but for er indoors not liking the kitchen layout. It was the best motorhome I had ever owned. I believe someone in Bolton bought it. It was perfect in every way and bombproof.

Hi topfitter

If you go to the buy and sell box on this MMM site, click on, then go to page 4, there is a Elddis 200 at £19000 Yr 2005 and ticks all your boxes apart from the distance, it's in the Bristol area. If I was saving myself £1500 i think i would give this some serious thought, and only 15000 miles on clock, got to be worth a phone call.

Dave

Spinney have got a 2006 Compass Avantgarde 140 for £25,750 5116 miles. They are a nice van and well built. We had one before we got the Cheyenne and it was a really good van.

See Spinney Motors web site, used motorhomes, page 4

Hi Ken

A good spec motorhome in the June 2010 MMM looks to meet your requirements

Page 165 - 2000 reg Hymer Camp Swing 644u /2.8jtd Fiat @ £19,995.

Rear lounge, front dinette, 6 belted seats & 6 berths.

Up for sale at White Arches Motorhomes, Wellingborough, Northants.

Check mileage as spec box states 9865 but text states 34,000.

Might still be in stock

hi all

hi nowtelse 2do the elddis 200 is ok but about 2ft shorter than we would like the 400 looks longer i will look in to this

hi tomo 3090 the one in spinny motorhomes is a tad above our budget of £21000 max

hi flicka, i cannot find my copy of mmm but will see if my local tesco has one

thanks to all for thinking of my plight, but a elddis 400 or bessacarr sundance 590 pr around 2004/5 are looking the best bet just got to find one within budget this is why i am looking at private as they seem to cheaper

thanks

ken

is this any good?

http://www.webbsmotorcaravans.co.uk/motorcaravans.php?location=0&new%2Fused=2&type=0&manufacturer=Ace&pricerange=0

They have 2 Ace Firenza might be slightly over budget but you never know they may come down a bit.

I had my van from Webbs and they are a good dealer and happy to work with you to find and get the right van. Their vans are very well presented.

Tad of a distance but you may have to bite that bullett.

Good luck

topfitter1 - 2010-06-06 8:14 PM hi i am looking for a 4 berth with a u shaped lounge at the back that makes a double and a double over the cab, lenght aprox 21 ft like the swift bessacarr sundance 590 pr thanks ken

Older versions of this van seem to have suffered rot in the floor around the periphery, around the water tank, the entrance door, and the kitchen waste.  Swift have been carrying out repairs, but it would be wise to check for any signs of sponginess in the floor in these areas, and to examine the underside for rotten wood.  The point at which Swift may start saying the van is too old to be repaired on a goodwill basis, should also be checked.  The 2010 version only has a 3,300Kg chassis, and 2878kg MIRO, leaving an, in my view inadequate, 422kg user payload to absorb all the usual items, plus any fitted options.  On the current version, a chassis upgrade to 3,500kg is not listed.  With that rear overhang, the rear axle will be at risk of overload.

Archived