NASA Clipper Battery Monitor (or similar)

tonyishuk

Hi

We had one fitted as an adjunct to a Sterling B2B charger, since the latter confused our Hymer's Electroblock. It does give accurate readings of battery state, voltage, charging/discharge current, charge life left and so on. Ours was fitted by VanBitz and they will be able to tell you more.

P&L

Guest peter
Nasa kit is very good budget marine instrumentation. I've got the Clipper combined depth and speed log on my boat and it's really good for the money. So I see no reason to suspect that the Battery monitor is any less good quality. You should easilly be able to fit it yourself if you can handle a screwdriver and can read. The only problem I foresee is, where you would mount it, as you need a 100mm hole to insert the works. Maybe a box?

Guest peter
peterandlinda - 2010-06-07 11:13 AM

Hi

Ours is mounted on the outside of a seat base just behind the drivers door and just above the outside locker with the leisure batteries in it. I understand that it is not advisable to have long cable runs from the batteries.

P&L

It doesn't matter aboout long cable runs, as it comes with a shunt. So cable is not carrying much current.

Archived