motorhome aeriel

Grey Funnel

If it is working on digital in some ares and not others, are you sure the areas with no reception have changed over or there is adequate reception.

Not all area have full coverage.

Before you go to the expense of another aerial which could cost up to £300 check on the digital website for the aerea you are going to.

http://www.digitaluktv.com/news/check-predicted-digital-tv-reception/

Hi.Because of the problems of poor terrestrial digital reception in some arears,you may have to change to a new wide band high gain directional aerial. Before you go to all that expence ,it may be worth trying an unconventional cure of an additional high gain amplifier, between your existing aerial system and the tv. I would suggest a Maxview VSB1M12 12volt amplifier £19.99 from:- www.beststuff.co.uk. It worked for me.

Brian B.

Hi GreyFunnel. I did not mean replace your booster, but to add an additional one between yours and the TV. I know this is not the normal way,but I found it works. I found that with my Status 530 aerial system on some sites I had no signal or break up. Adding the extra booster seems to lift the signal above the digital cut off/break up point in most cases. Incidentally if you have a through the roof adjustable aerial, and want to replace it, take a look at www.beststuff.co.uk site. They have a camping/marine directional aerial, with they claim a whopping 32db gain for £29.99. They also have a Labgear DVB-T signal finder for £9.99,a usefull bit of kit this. When on a site I adjust the aerial for the strongest signalon my meter,( I find must be over about 60% to be any good) then tune the TV to the local transmitter. Brian B.

Hi again Grey Funnel. Yes this is the problem with terrestrial digital TV reception, some times you get it, some times not, depending on how close you are to the trasmitter .With the old analogue signal you could usually get some sort of a picture anywhere, but digital is not like that, With a good quality strong signal you should always have a good picture, but if the signal strength or quality falls off it comes to a point where the picture and sound break-up, then no picture or sound at all. When mobile, all you can do is have a high gain directional aerial with good amplification, as high as possible and set it with your signal strength meter for the strongest signal, then hope. This is why they brought out "Freesat" to infill where "Freeview could not reach, but that will not work under trees. *-)

Brian B.

Archived