Highland Gathering in July

magbrin

Do you live in the north of Scotland, or are you visiting in the middle of July?

I am planning a "wild" meet for the weekend of 17th July and wondered if anyone is interested in joining in!

We have plenty of space and are hoping for a meet to remember.

Information so far:

Friday – Tuesday nights (16th – 21st July) - any night or all

Basic cost - nil

Likely numbers to date: 5 – 10 vans

On site facilities: fresh water tap, toilet emptying prefer "green" chemicals. Café.

Parking in field – unless very wet (alternative arrangements will be made).

Activities easy to arrange: walking, birdwatching, cycling (your own bikes), barbeque ( bring enough for yourself, but if possible be happy to share), etc

Activities that can be arranged but may need prior commitment – loch fishing, trip to Dores Inn (Loch Ness side), other outings

Activities dependant on you: ceilidh, games, and whatever else normally happens at meets!

Let me know if you are able to come: which nights you will be here for, what you would like to see happening and what, if anything, you can offer – musical talent, ideas for activities, bbqing skills, etc

Look forward to hearing from lots of you(lol)

Margaret (Magbrin)

PS For more details as to where we are see www.brinherbnursery.co.uk

silverback - 2010-06-10 10:57 PM

hi Magbrin,

we are interestested, but my missus has gone to bed so will be in touch if we fancy it!(no comments) only rude ones please!!!

jonathan

I trust Mrs Silverback had a good sleep. I hope we will see you at the gatheirng in July.

I'm planning the best Highland weather, no midges, and a weekend like you have never experienced before .................... and will only experience again - another time *-) *-)

• 3 weeks later...

Magbrin,

Definitely interested as currently in Scotland visiting family. Going to MCC rally at Pitlochry this weekend, then over to Fort William and Glencoe, threatening to climb The Buachaille, so could maybe come up after all that.

Have to be in Hull Tuesday night so plans may change. Can we just turn up, or phone beforehand when we know our plans?

John

bounty hunter - 2010-07-06 9:24 PM

Magbrin,

Definitely interested as currently in Scotland visiting family. Going to MCC rally at Pitlochry this weekend, then over to Fort William and Glencoe, threatening to climb The Buachaille, so could maybe come up after all that.

Have to be in Hull Tuesday night so plans may change. Can we just turn up, or phone beforehand when we know our plans?

John

Have a good trip, and by all means just turn up. Most people are here over the weekend and aiming for BBQ on Sat evening (current plan - could change) would be good if you could be here for that. Hope weather improves a bit :-|

Archived