world cup on maxview sat. near venice

aj8one

AFAIW 'retuning' to southern beam is only a skybox thing, with FTA box if you have done scan for channels thats what you get, BUT, you may wish to look at some of the 'odd' named channels as one of these may be a 'red button' channel which is BBC trnsmitted in higher power. The alternative is to align with Astra1 or Hotbird and see what the germans/italians have on.

Just been checking the BBC red button channels, these are transmitted on 2b south beam 12441v and on my Manhatton box are named stream-0, stream-1 etc, when not transmitting a program there is a blue pattern and audio repeating something like "three zero one" at time of typing this two channels are showing world cup and two F1.

Alan

Venice was the one place on our trip to Northern Italy where we failed to get a picture but I think that was mainly to do with the tree cover which was unavoidable. At least, as has been suggested, the World Cup will be broadcast on all local stations so at least you will be able to watch. I don't know how big your dish is but something like an 80cm one would be required in that region unless its one of those fancy ones that can pull in a signal with a smaller dish. There is always the local Bar!

David

Hi

The red button streams are what we use for F1 when overseas (currently at Fehmarn on the Baltic). They are available all over Europe and will cover all the matches on the BBC (which do not include any of the early INGERLAND matches!

They are described as stream 0, stream 1 and so-on to stream 6 and they repeat 'three zero, audio one' or similar when not broadcasting anything. It has become a bit of a mantra with us, three zero audio one and demonstrates how sad we have become when restricted to that, news, parliament, the community channel and radio.

P&L

Archived