Transit Mk 7 Remote locking

mike 202

On my 2008 Mk7 transit based coachbuilt Autosleeper, the remote recently needs to be pressed 3 times and not 2.

1st press locks the doors

2nd press produces a clicking noise

3rd click does the deadlocks.

So all works as normal apart from needing 3 presses of the remote.

It unlocks as normal with 2 presses.

I have had the remote fob changed a year ago and I have made sure the the remote is fully charged. The key fob on its own has been checked at a Ford main dealers. Taking it to Ford for service next week.

Any ideas will be much appreciated

Mike

I think there is a ford tech bulletin on this (prob with fobs) i will try and find it mon when i am on office pc have you entered your vin no and or reg on ford vehicle data web site it will give you all the build info on your cab incl any recalls, again i will get you the link on mon unless you can find it via ford uk website

An update on the key problem.

I was lucky I was able to demonstrate the fault (usually they mysteriously dissapear) when I got to my Ford main dealer (Hendy Ford Portsmouth).

The foreman, then cycled the opening/closing sequence about 10 times and it then worked ok. He told me that he had repeated the process during the day, while it was in for a major service, and all was well.

So it seems, well at least that is what I am hoping, that it was a case of the sleepy motorhome syndrome as it only gets used about every 3 weeks.

Thanks to those who helped

Mike

Archived