Festival of Lanterns

Guest Martin Casswell

Guest Martin Casswell
Bit of a long shot this one, but does anyone remember this event, or know if still takes place? It was based round a campsite in Lincolnshire I think, there was fancy dress and stuff for kids. I was taken in the early 1970's and I can't remember for the life of me where it was held exactly! ( I do remember it rained a great deal....) Cheers Martin

Guest Rachel
I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a Festival Of Lanterns being held this Autumn at Burghley House, Stanford, Lincs. It's either with the Caravan and Camping Club or the Caravan Club.

Guest Tavis Russell
The National Feast of Lanterns (NFOL) is the annual National meet of Camping & Caravanning Club and attracts thousands of members. The event is held at the end of Summer and is hosted by a different region of Great Britain, so the location varies every year. This year the NFOL is in the South Eastern Region, but the meet is for pre-booked Camping & Caravanning Club members only, and the booking deadline has passed. For more information contact The Camping & Caravanning Club. Regards, Tavis Russell

Guest colin knight
This years N.F.O.L also has an unbooked area,i know this because i recently holidayed with one of the working party and he said this years was under subscribed so they have been told by the c&c club to open an unbooked area.

Archived