Leaky grey water tank.

creakyknee

Hi Dave, Yes, it is plastic with a metal cover over it. I can't see where the leak is at the moment but will try and remove the cover when I get home. I expect it will depend on how big the hole is as to whether it can be repaired. I have another problem at the moment which I've not seen on the forum. Engine does not stop - needs new solenoid. Fortunately it's a manual gearbox and I am able to stall it.

Hi All, Sorry not replied, but have been away. First time out since engine repaired. Engine ok apart from not stopping when ignition switched off. Good news is waste tank not leaking. Bad news, water leaking from somewhere else. Cold water coming from taps. No hot water but water still leaking when cold tap is on. The vehicle is a 1994 Hymer S580, similar layout to the B584. Up to now I have taken the non return valve out, near the boiler, tested and replaced it. Removed a plate under van which exposes drain from shower which was all dry. There is no water pipework exposed under the van. Thinking that the next step is to get the boiler out to get at the pipework underneath. This problem has been caused by van being left over Winter, at garage and assured water had been drained when it had not. Anyone had any experience of tracing leaking pipework? There doesn't appear to be a frost protection valve.

Archived