MH + Car vs Car + caravan

magbrin

Although now off topic I thought http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/10419763.stm would provide some answers re tic/tick, sheep/deer, as well as information on the increase of the blighters. Unlike midges, which are generally no more than a nuisense (even if a big one), there can be quite severe consequences if you get bitten by a tick.

pelmetman - 2010-06-17 3:15 PM

Not to mention we can set up camp in 4mins (timed myself once) from arriving to having the kettle on (lol)

Blooming heck that's ..... SLOW!!! I can do it in 10 seconds! 8-)

Tics ... horrible things and as for midges ... blooming things tried to ravage me in Scotland ... I came up in loads of horrible bumps the size of garden peas 'cause I always react to them. :-(

We used to tow a car with vans (converted Commer Autosleeper and converted Ford ambulance) because we had a 'show' microcar (Bond MK G Estate minicar) and it was the best way to transport it. We don't have the car now so no need to tow ... however, I must admit we are being very sorely tempted to get a Reliant Robin or Rialto at the moment and to get rid of the Renault Megane! :$ If anyone knows of a good Reliant for sale please let me know!!! No - I am NOT kidding!!!

:->

Oh dear ... here we go ... don't knock them just for the sake of it. They're cracking little cars and go like pocket rockets - great fun too plus they're cheap to insure and tax. I used to have a Reliant Robin van and it was brilliant.

Top Gear ... we've recorded it, no doubt Jeremy did his usual stuff ... I'd expect nothing less!

What do you call a Reliant with a beach ball in it? ... A whistle! (lol)

Just thinking at the moment of getting a Smart car and trailer to hook up to the M/H. It would be nice just to be able to get off site in a small car sometime.

If anyone has one (mot'd) and would like to P/X or swap for 1974 Triumph Spitfire Mk 4 1300cc that is in V/G condition, Mot'd & Taxed to March 2011, some very minor work required (nothing serious) Please pm me with your e-mail address and I will send you photo's of the car.

Serious enquiries only please.

Dave

Archived