cycling in pays de la loire

antony1969

We are staying at Camping Le Fief Angibauld , Pays de la Loire in the summer has anyone stayed there to advise if its suitable to take bikers along . I dont want to drag them with us to not use them . We are reasonably fit but dont want to cycle up mountains . Any comments would be appreciated

Guest JudgeMental

There are no mountains in the Loire...we spent an enjoyable half term week there this time last year cycling around and it was lovely. We stayed from Blois along to Saumur..

Get some electric bikes takes the grief out of cycling! :-D

Agree with the other replies - great area for cycling - lots of cycle routes.

We stayed at Ballan Mire near Tours and cycled along the Loire to Villandry. Also cycled around Cheverney on well signed cycle routes.

Good free maps from the local tourist offices.

antony1969 - 2010-06-16 1:48 PM We are staying at Camping Le Fief Angibauld , Pays de la Loire in the summer has anyone stayed there to advise if its suitable to take bikers along . I dont want to drag them with us to not use them . We are reasonably fit but dont want to cycle up mountains . Any comments would be appreciated

Are you sure you have the spelling of the site correct?  I can find a place called Le Fief Angibaud, near Challans, but according to Caravan Europe and ACSI 2010 it does not have a campsite.  There is a site called Le Bois Joli, in Bois-de-Cene, which is near, and another called, oddly, Le Bois Joly, at St Jean de Monts, which is a bit further away.

Archived