American RV, Lady drivers!

ddaaffyy

Is this purely a male reserve? Where are all you ladies? I admit that I am a little different. I did at least buy one of the above, a 35 footer! Then I unfortunately developed cancer. I have over come that but am on drugs that make it not too safe to drive an RV.

Ladies do drive RV's in America, I know it is easier there. I'd really like to know if there are any lady owners out there? There, meaning here, if you know what I mean. Phew!! I do have a 24ft Benemar Europe Top in which I toured France, Spain and Portugal for 7 months on my own

Has this set the cat amongst the pigeons! Spelling! I'm dyslexic too. Lots of very intelligent people are! 8-)

Guest JudgeMental

No there are a good few women/solo women owners on here, but I don't think any drive an RV. You still have not answered the questions posed over on your original thread. We are concerned that you bought something (10 ton RV?) without the entitlement to drive it? (HGV?) if you have the entitlement to drive it? but a bit overwhelmed by the size of it, there are lessons you can take and help available...

So if you want advice you need to be clear, everyone on here is an enthusiast, and it is a friendly bunch, but without the facts is hard to give meaningful assistance

Not only does my good lady wife drive the rv she also tows a peugot van on an A frame on the back. Makes us about six foot short of a forty footer. She prides herself on her driving. Give us a wave if you see us, it will give me something to do. you will know it is us if you pass, see the signs, disabled driver,long vehicle, left hand drive.

Phil

My wife who is 60 today drives our American Winnebago Aspect 23D it is 24'9" long and we tow a trailer so we are up to about 33' long on the road. Recently in France she took it through a toll booth which is not an easy thing to do even if I say so myself (being a male) The Winnebago Aspect may not be to long, but it has a very wide body sticking out and the wing mirrors bring it to 9'11" (have to pull them in some times). So yes women do drive RV's in fact many years ago my wife used to drive one of our PSV coaches which was in those days the maximum size permitted at 39' (ok no passengers) but it still was a beast to drive with a chinese 6 gear box. The automatic 6.8 ltr V10 Ford / Winnebago is a better drive by far.

Does the fact that you go all quiet and stop posting when someone mentions your licence mean you are wanting to keep a low profile for a reason?

There have been three threads on this and a similar subject and you've not answered the licence question on any of them.

Guest JudgeMental
Tomo3090 - 2010-06-26 9:04 PM

Does the fact that you go all quiet and stop posting when someone mentions your licence mean you are wanting to keep a low profile for a reason?

There have been three threads on this and a similar subject and you've not answered the licence question on any of them.

Well I think we all know the answer to that one!

If she cant drive it, would be unlikely that she had a HGV......wouldn't it? :-S

Archived