2007 Fiat Ducato side window wind deflectors

Way2Go

If they mean that hubby can have the window open without us being blow around, and it reduces the buffering (and therefore noise created), then little Lily, who shudders at every bang and clunk etc will be more than happy!

You're very welcome and I hope you like them.  I'll be trying mine out on the road next Wednesday when I bring our MH home to prepare her for our weekend away.

Looks like the seller did pretty well out of us huh?

W2G

• 3 years later...

Does anyone have current contact details for Ducato weathershields / wind deflectors supplier for the 2013 model ?

I have tried the website previously listed but that is a few years old now and doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

The Fiat version is a bit silly and is only good for having the window open a bit while parked.

We bought some of the wind deflectors for our previous Ford Transit 2010 MH and whilst they worked well I didn't like the fact that they were heavily tinted and meant that I was looking out of a 'gloomy' bit of window when trying to see out sideways (it was right in my eye line), so be aware of this and try to get some clear ones if you can.

We bought our from automotive-jandj off ebay (can't recall the price now) two years ago and they have been great.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris.

Exactly like those.

Unfortunately the supplier seems to ship only to the UK and I am down here in Australia (in summer).

I have mailed Storn to see if the business would make an exception and ship a set to me for an extra bag of gold.

Otherwise, if not, I hope somebody can steer me towards the actual manufacturer.

Regards,

Ron

rhsccs - 2013-12-21 2:30 AM

Thanks Chris.

Exactly like those.

Unfortunately the supplier seems to ship only to the UK and I am down here in Australia (in summer).

I have mailed Storn to see if the business would make an exception and ship a set to me for an extra bag of gold.

Otherwise, if not, I hope somebody can steer me towards the actual manufacturer.

Regards,

Ron

Or use these people:

https://www.forward2me.com/

I have used them a couple of times and they have always provided good service :)

rhsccs - 2013-12-21 2:30 AM

Thanks Chris.

Exactly like those.

Regards,

Ron

The manufacturer of the wind-deflectors advertised on the e-bay link I provided in my posting of 7 December 2013 9:47 AM is (as mentioned in the advert) a Polish company called "Heko".

http://www.e-heko.com/en/O-firmie.html

Guest Peter James

Thanks for the link. I have ordered some, they arrived in less than a week, and look alright. I am just waiting for the rain to stop so I can go out and try fitting them.

We bought some, fitted them, took them off and binned them. The problem we had was that they made putting the window up and down very difficult. Driving down through France, it was not warm enough to keep the windows open, but winding one up and down for all the tolls was a real problem.

Guest Peter James
Rowan Lee - 2013-12-24 1:31 PM

We bought some, fitted them, took them off and binned them. The problem we had was that they made putting the window up and down very difficult. Driving down through France, it was not warm enough to keep the windows open, but winding one up and down for all the tolls was a real problem.

I can see your point. The rain let up for a bit so I have been out and fitted mine. They fit inside the window channel, making them quick and easy to fit, they look very neat and they do the job nicely. But the downside of this is they make the window channel a bit narrower, a bit harder work for the window winder motor. I checked this by winding both windows up/down together before fitting - same speed. Fitted one side it wound slightly slower. Fitted the other side and they both wound up/down in the same time again. .

I suppose the only alternative to this type is those that stick on the outside. But then they won't look as neat, and you will be relying on glue or clips to hold them on in all weathers.

But since I avoid the toll motorways, and I like fresh air without draughts and rain coming in, I will be keeping mine.

The only drawback I can see is this increased resistance of winding down the window which may or may not shorten the life of the window winder motor - only time will tell. This resistance could reduce as it squeezes the seals a bit. But I like them enough to take a chance on that, so I am happy with them and will be keeping them on :-)

This is the link again; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-DUCATO-2006-up-wind-deflectors-2pc-set-BEST-HEKO-/200798580088?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ec0872d78

You could try treating your side-windows with a 'rain repellent'

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/65649/rain-repellents-reviews-2013-group-test

to make the glass more slippery and thus slide more easily within the window-channel into which the deflector fits.

Even if the treatment fails to result in the window-winding speeding up, my experience is that it's still worth treating cab side-windows to cause rain to blow off them when driving.

I've used Rain-X on my Transit's cab side-windows and it's effective enough, but I'd be much warier of treating the windscreen. These repellents definitely do what their advertising claims but, when I treated (years ago) the windscreen of one of my cars, I found that, in light rain, the wipers became very noisy and juddery. It's not hard to apply rain repellent to glass, but extremely difficult to remove it. Since then I've just treated side-window glass.

Guest Peter James
I have used a candle rubbed inside the window channel which helps to lubricate a bit. Also silicone lubricant spray, (which I also use on the sliding door seals in the winter - it stops them getting frozen to the door making it difficult to open, and possibly tearing the door seals)

Archived