breakdown cover

shirles

Off to France in a few weeks and was wondering if the fiat camping assist would provide enough cover.After reading a recent thread about the cost of recovery on french motorways i have my doubts. Can anybody put my mind at rest?

Hi

We always get breakdown cover with Lifesure. It is £65 a year for UK and European travel up to 31 days at a time. 90 days max per year.

It uses Europe Assist. Touch wood never had to use it yet, but as Europe Assist is used by many agents or breakdown cover I feel it must be ok.

Vehicle dimensions upto length 8m height 3.5m width 2.5m weight 4,250kgs

shirles - 2010-06-24 12:54 PM

Off to France in a few weeks and was wondering if the fiat camping assist would provide enough cover.After reading a recent thread about the cost of recovery on french motorways i have my doubts. Can anybody put my mind at rest?

As I understand things ,if you break down on a French Motorway you have to use a breakdown service provided by the owner of the road as all French toll roads are privately owned , Is that correct ??

I got my cover through COMFORT, no weight, length or time limit on foreign travel, had to use it in Portugal this year ,but only for hotel accomodation as I got myself to a garage, clutch slipping, have to say the service was second to none, they phoned us daily ,spoke English and were based in France. :-o :-o

shirles - 2010-06-24 12:54 PM Off to France in a few weeks and was wondering if the fiat camping assist would provide enough cover.After reading a recent thread about the cost of recovery on french motorways i have my doubts. Can anybody put my mind at rest?

The only answer can be to carefully read what it covers, think about what it does not cover, and then decide.  No-one can tell you what cover you should have, because no-one else knows your needs and circumstances.

Archived