Peugeot Boxer rear springs

mel wood

Whilst on holiday in France in our 19 month old van with about 19000 miles on the clock we heard awful banging from the rear underside when travelling on a bumpy road. On investigation I discovered that what I now know is the rear spring adjuster on the nearside had fallen out. This caused the 2 sections of metal at the rear of the spring to bang together.

Whilst sitting on the campsite and thinking what to do my wife noticed her flip flops and had the bright ideas that we could cut a piece, fit it in the gap and bind it up with ducktape. IT WORKED! - from Annecy to Wolverhampton.

Unfortunately the same happened to the other side near Calais. Same repair - same result.

All 4 spring adjusters have been replaced under Warranty at our local Peugeot dealer. The parts are now fastened with nuts and bolts rather than rivets as on the originals.

mel wood - 2010-07-01 7:42 PM

All 4 spring adjusters have been replaced under Warranty at our local Peugeot dealer. The parts are now fastened with nuts and bolts rather than rivets as on the originals.

Hi Mel,

presume as the repair was under warranty, it is one of the current model Peugeot's.

Could you post details of which model for info for us other owners.

Archived