Joint motor homes

barbar

Hi

I have a Joint motor home but am having difficulty in spotting another one. Are there any other Joint owners out there. I appreciate the group make homes under different titles but am interested in Joint. Anyone else out in the big wide world? I would be interested in discussing any problems etc that may exist with them.

Barbar

we met a lovely couple in arenal, spain during the winter, they seemed to like theres a lot, and it seemed a nice motorhome.

hello barbara and arthur, mick and yvonne here, all is well, and will keep in contact, regards for now.

Thanks Hells Grannies. Same lot who make it. Any probs? I must say that so far I am quite happy with mine. I have modified a few things within but the overal shell seems to be ok. The 2.8 fiat is well received by most and I have no problem with the base vehicle. The van seems to be ok now but may have had water problems earlier in its life. Whilst I am happy with what I have it is always interesting to note other peoples views and experiences. To be forewarned of problems provides the opportunity to deal with the problem before it becomes a problem. Thanks for your reply.

Barbar

barbar - 2010-07-11 10:36 PM

Thanks Hells Grannies. Same lot who make it. Any probs? I must say that so far I am quite happy with mine. I have modified a few things within but the overal shell seems to be ok. The 2.8 fiat is well received by most and I have no problem with the base vehicle. The van seems to be ok now but may have had water problems earlier in its life. Whilst I am happy with what I have it is always interesting to note other peoples views and experiences. To be forewarned of problems provides the opportunity to deal with the problem before it becomes a problem. Thanks for your reply.

Barbar

Hi Barbar

No can't say have had any probs with it really-had one or two teething troubles but nothing major. Had to have the shower tap changed as the microswitch went but that could have been my fault for not draining it properly before the big freeze winter 2008.

We thought about updating but couldn't find anything that suited us better under £60k so we will stay with what we've got. Am having the seats recovered at the end of the season and it will be back to new. Fiat 2.8 has given us no probs and we tow either a C1 or the bike & trailer uphill and down dale

So in conclusion-are we happy with it? Certainly

Value for money? Definitely

Would we have another? Definitely but the pound/euro puts our van at £48K+ so cannot afford to change

I would imagine you got a good deal when you bought it and would say get the possible damp sorted asap and then you will have peace of mind on that point and a good van for years to come. A lot of the so called 'extras' are standard on the SEA vans and all have worked faultlessly in ours. There is a bit of snobbery about the continental vans but prior to the recession they were a superb buy pound for pound-consequently they are a superb 2nd hand purchase

Enjoy your touring you've got a good van

Mike

Thanks Hells Grannies. Yes I am well pleased with it. Went down to Spain earlier this year and apart from a cracked windscreen didn't have any problems. Was interested to talk to others and get loads of tips. Mike (above) was particularly helpful in as much as he is well travelled and collected a lot of info himself. I will put the water problem to bed later this year at the Caravan Clinic then I think I have a good comfortable van. You are right about the extras, a number of things fitted as standard would be extra with others. I particularly like the fridge and freezer. It has a large freezer and a good sized fridge and they work efficiently. A good shower with it's own waste tank. My biggest worry though is if I have a puncture. The spare wheel is in the original van chassis position which is difficult to get to without a puncture. With one side flat it may well be bloody impossible to get to it, however, I carry a couple of those blow up and mend cannisters which are about good enough to get you to somewhere safe. Now that we have sorted curtains, cushions and various internal furnishings, ie stamped our style on it I am not looking for another.

Barbar

Hi

We don't have that problem as the spare is in the garage. On saying that, we are insured with Safeguard and it covers breakdown both UK and abroad including punctures. May be worth checking them out when you have to insure next time.

If you see us about, call and say hello let's have a beer & a chat

Mike

Archived