Rapido 903

greem1

I've got a 783f, not an A class, based on Fiat 2.3. Lovely piece of kit, had it a year now and love it. Just been to France, spent a month travelling around - did 2300 miles - went like a dream and very comfortable. My only criticism is payload - having fitted sat TV, solar panel+extra battery, microwave, towbar etc I'm running close to the limit fully loaded so pursuing an uprate to 3700kg at the mo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry for delay in replying..........

good to hear that you enjoy yours.

We are off to Spain (via France ) shortly to really test it out.

The bathroom is to die for!

Otherwise just getting all the rattles & creaks sorted (bad packing by us!)

Do Rapido have a motor home club yet?

Do not feel that we would be welcome at the caravan club ....might be wrong!

Hi

apologies to your good selves for not replying sooner!

We have been out and about testing out the van!

Off to Spain via France soon.

Really looking forward to it!

I've got to say the bathroom is superb as is the rear bed. We have not had a chance yet to test the drop down front bed yet!

Regards

Rapido at Wokingham have a good reputation for honesty and friendliness regarding queries. Our 986M is a few years old now without any problems apart from the plastic outer bodywork objecting to the rigours of our roads with skin cracks at some of the stressed areas.

Looking at the new ones we prefer the interior of the old one. Its simpler and appears to have more space, whereas the modern types have more decorative furniture which in our view minimises free space.

Inbuilt Satelite systems seem to be the norm and occupy space where as I prefer a more mobile system that can be used for checking and planning indoors first.

Curiously we've never seen another the same. Of Rapido clubs, not over interested. Caravan sites, we use them often, the owners or managers look for income and should accept either vehicle types without question.

Maybe some caravaners object to motorhomes, or self build types, so what I don't object to them, a good mixture makes the world a better place.

Hi

I did not make myself clear ref the Caravan Club statement.

We are members of the caravan club and have no issue at all with them.

I was trying to refer to the Rapido caravan owners club.......sorry!

Regards

:$

Archived