Gaslow Bottles

antony1969

If travelling Europe for decent length of a time is it better to have gaslow refillable bottles or traditional ones . If gaslow would we need to have an outside filling point rather than lifting the locker each time , if so roughly what is the cost for this . If traditional bottles are ok do you have to buy new fittings in different countries for different gas bottles , thanks for any replies .

Guest JudgeMental
If you use the "search" function you will find a load of threads that explan all you want to know.......

JudgeMental - 2010-07-02 9:07 PM

If you use the "search" function you will find a load of threads that explan all you want to know.......

Not very helpful that to a new user, I have been on this site for ages and I still have problems with search. You can fit a refillable bottle to your van complete with filling attachments for about £200, you can get lightweight alluminium refillables too, or you can use the gas bottles of the country you are in, but will need regulators and connectors to suit, you can obtain these quite easily from service stations that sell gas bottles, I would guess that the easiest way would be refillable bottles as these can be filled here in England also.

Guest JudgeMental
I checked before posting my reply, the "search" function while not perfect seems to be working as it should recently. So about 20 useful threads on the subject came up......"not very helpful reply" yeah right *-)

Here's the results of a search I've just done for 'Gaslow', it gives lots of thread links to have a look at:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/search/query.asp?action=search&searchforumid=3&keywords=gaslow&author=mel+b&days=&x=34&y=13

We have the system ourselves and moved it from our previous van to our current van without a problem so I can assure you its easy to do.

If you still have questions once you've had a chance to digest the other threads, just ask - I'm away from home at the moment and the wifi connection isn't brilliant so I might not be able to answer until Sunday when I get home though.

JudgeMental - 2010-07-02 9:37 PM

I checked before posting my reply, the "search" function while not perfect seems to be working as it should recently. So about 20 useful threads on the subject came up......"not very helpful reply" yeah right *-)

Hi J.M. of course you are absolutley right the search option will bring up lots of info you are looking for ,but that's OK if you know how to use it and where it is. My assumption was that MAYBE the new poster was a complete computer numpty like me and would not know how to access the Search facility, properly, your assumption was that he may be more adept at finding the way round the site, lets hope you are right, sorry if my post rilled you, no offence was intended.

Guest JudgeMental

Malc, no problem. The chap has started another thread on same subject, he assumes a lot and his assumptions about filling bottles are downright dangerous.

Sooooo......he needs to do his homework. if you want to write the ABC of gas use in Europe for him all well and good, but when it is all there to see on file, written better then you and I can probably manage, what is the point exactly *-)

JudgeMental - 2010-07-03 9:14 PM

Malc, no problem. The chap has started another thread on same subject, he assumes a lot and his assumptions about filling bottles are downright dangerous.

Sooooo......he needs to do his homework. if you want to write the ABC of gas use in Europe for him all well and good, but when it is all there to see on file, written better then you and I can probably manage, what is the point exactly *-)

THANKS in the absence of a THANKYOU button. :-o :-o :-o

Archived