Dead Flies

John.N

I'm sure this subject must have been covered before but I cannot find a specific answer through the search engine.

What is the best way of removing the dead flies plastered all over the front of the motorhome? Convential van cleaners and plenty of elbow grease?

Also Bobby Dazzler is often quoted as giving a smart finish. The instructions say use it in your rinsing water but I usually rinse my van with a hose. Any suggestions please?

Guest JudgeMental

Fenwicks motorhome cleaner is the best that I have ever used

I add Bobby D finish to my jet washer (on low power) You have no choice then to add to a bucket of water and brush it on? or buy a hose attachment.....

Guest Tracker

Flash is as good as anything else and Lidl's own brand is just as good and cheaper.

If you want to polish it as well chuck a dollop of water soluble car polish (like Mer) in t'bucket but try not to get it on the windscreen cos it smears when wet - but a dollop of flash in t'washers will shift the smears from smeary windscreens as well!

Guest pelmetman
I use "Mer" polish and find it helps, plus if you keep to about 50 I find I kill a lot less flies, as they all overtake me (lol) (lol) (lol)

The best way to remove flies is to try and get them off as soon as you can, failing that before attempting to remove them make sure they are really wet. This can be done by soaking them with the hosepipe several times or soaking a piece of cloth and laying it over the flies. Don't like the sound of using Flash, far too aggressive, will strip any wax coating clean off making the problem worse.

fjmike - 2010-07-04 6:01 PM

The best way to remove flies is to try and get them off as soon as you can, failing that before attempting to remove them make sure they are really wet. This can be done by soaking them with the hosepipe several times or soaking a piece of cloth and laying it over the flies. Don't like the sound of using Flash, far too aggressive, will strip any wax coating clean off making the problem worse.

Mike,

You can tell you're a biker B-) Wet cloth always works on my visor,

Ken.

Lidl have every now and again a spray bottle fly remover, just spray it on leave it a few minutes and wash off, if used on the screen with a foam pad it makes lots of subs leaves the screen brilliant after rinsing off. The beauty of it is you can just spray onto over cab without having to use a step ladder or strtch too far. When away and it looks as if it will rain very soon spray it on and let the rain wash it off (lazy or what).

David

The Fly remover spary from Lidl is superb and 59p per sprayer. Beats Autoglym at £6.99 by a country mile-tried both and I know which it is next time.

Perhaps I shouldn't post this-There'l be none left when I want a new one

Guest Tracker
That reminds about the lady who fell asleep on the synogogue steps late one night - and awoke with a heavy dew on her!

Tracker - 2010-07-12 1:09 PM

That reminds about the lady who fell asleep on the synogogue steps late one night - and awoke with a heavy dew on her!

Tracker, that takes me back almost seventy years to my schooldays. If you have any more like that please do not inflict them on us!!

PS. Many thanks to all of you who sent so many useful suggestions - I shall try them all out. I was particularly impressed with thecontributor who suggested the use of clingfilm. Do you have shares in Alcan or whoever produces the stuff??

breakaleg - 2010-07-05 1:04 PM How about prevention rather than cure? seen a type 2 camper turn up on a campsite once, driver got out, and peeled cling film off the over cab area, flies and all. Pete

That could have been very interesting on a motorway if there had have been a quick shower and he had to put the wipers on and forgot about the cling film 8-)

Dave

Archived