Bio fuel

ronaldo

I have an Autosleeper Ford Duetto, 2008, and recently saw that the vehicle handbook recommends using diesel with no more than 5% bio fuel. I usually fill up at Morrisons whose diesel pump shows a 7% bio additive. I have since been to several other garages where the bio content is not mentioned and the staff, in general, looked blank when I asked for this information. Should I restrict use to the limit suggested by Ford or not worry about it and fill up with any diesel at a reputable garage. What harm could it do to the engine to ignore this advice?

ronaldo - 2010-07-04 10:25 PM ........... What harm could it do to the engine to ignore this advice?

I assume your Duetto is still under warranty.  Should your engine develop a fault that could be fuel related, and the high bio ratio become an issue, it might affect the warranty.

Since you are concerned, and both the advice, and the warranty, come from Ford, it would surely be safer to address your question to Ford, rather than to us?

As far as I am aware, the Labour Government brought in some ruling that the percentage of biofuel will be increased to a maximum of 10%.

I know there was an increase earlier this year but I am not sure what it was.

Does this mean that in the pursuit of a greener planet, we will have broken down, new, eco friendly engined vehicles scattered about the place.

Euro 5 compliance = 5% max biofuel.

Pump diesel = 10% biofuel

You could`nt make it up, could you? :D

Please tell me I have got it wrong.

Archived