1st time away

topfitter1

hi all

just to let you know we had a fab time on our first time away with the motorhome, everything went well and i got a few tips from other campers

ps i put my waste water down the drain at home the same one my sink water goes down as the waste water outlet on site was on the wrong side for me ( i have now got on board 10ft of hose pipe so i can use on site waste outlet.

ken & chris

Guest Tracker
topfitter1 - 2010-07-05 7:39 PM

the waste water outlet on site was on the wrong side for me

When that happens I just turn the van around - simples - and much more pleasant than lengths of grotty hose kicking around the lockers!

Glad your first trip was good - welcome to the not so exclusive club of experienced motorhomers!

hi dave

nothing was forgot or left behind, both of us cannot belive this but it is true

we are having a 1 night stay in pickering on the 17th bet we forget lots of things as we now think we are good at this thing ( after only one trip this is a daft thought )

then later in the month we ars going on an experdition, well 2 weeks anyway god know's what will happen then

ken & chris

topfitter1 - 2010-07-05 7:39 PM

hi all

just to let you know we had a fab time on our first time away with the motorhome, everything went well and i got a few tips from other campers

ps i put my waste water down the drain at home the same one my sink water goes down as the waste water outlet on site was on the wrong side for me ( i have now got on board 10ft of hose pipe so i can use on site waste outlet.

ken & chris

If your waste tank ( grey water ) is full you can always drain some off and dump it down a suitable drain.We use a collapsible plastic container for that purpose when required.( 'Available from all good camping shops') ;-)

nowtelse2do - 2010-07-05 10:56 PM

Ken, we have been going away for over 8 years now and forget something every time without fail, even with a check list. :D

Dave

We dont usually forget to take anything however we ALLWAYS forget to either lock the fridge, close the cutlery draw, close all the hatches etc etc etc :-D

Glad you enjoyed it Ken..the first trip is always a fingers crossed job!! so your off to Pickering..yep that where we went too on one of our first trips well just outside at an adults only site called Foxholme...not bad but a bit closely wooded

Have fun Ken you and Chris....give France a try you'll love it

Guest Tracker
ips - 2010-07-06 1:00 PM

We dont usually forget to take anything however we ALLWAYS forget to either lock the fridge, close the cutlery draw, close all the hatches etc etc etc :-D

That is the main purpose of having a navigator now that sat navs have almost made them redundant innit!

nowtelse2do - 2010-07-05 10:56 PM

Ken, we have been going away for over 8 years now and forget something every time without fail, even with a check list. :D

Dave

We've got a lovely check lists, works for me everytime .. .unfortunately on the last 2 trips away hubby has been doing the packing and doesn't bother to read the list! *-) Guess who's going to do the packing for our holiday next week .... :-D

i prob did not forget anything because i am not sure what we want, but the next trip will sort things out, the site in pickering is only a small one with no showers or toilet's wild camping or what!!!!!!!!!

i do have a problem with the bike rack, mine can be lowerd down but the handle was broken when i got it out to play with and i cannot find one on the web sites i have looked on

happy motorhomeing 

ken & chris

hi mondo how is the weather over there warming up yet

Archived