Water Pump Problem

martin h

Hi Martin

Not sure which equipment Autotrail use & their set-up.

I suspect air is getting in the system.

First check if any joints are showing signs of leaking, if not it may be a non-return valve passing, either at the pump or on one of the taps.

Guest Tracker

Is the battery adequately charged?

Could also be a partial blockage or maybe a kinked hose and -at the risk of sounding insulting - always assuming there is plenty of water in the tank?

If air is getting into the suction side it can be hard to find but try checking and moving all the joints while the pump is running to see if the pace alters?

Blocked filters on the pump are another possibility?

Is the tank water exit pipe accessible to see if it is partly clogged?

martin h - 2010-07-06 9:48 PM

When a tap is turned on the habitation water pump on our 2006 Autotrail Dakota has stopped running at a steady speed but now “pulses”, anyone out there with any idea why please?

Thanks in advance Martin

Do you mean that the pump 'pulses' i.e. switches itself on and off when you have a tap open?

If that's the case it sounds like there is maybe a partial blockage somewhere after the pump output.

Another possibility is that the pump pressure switch setting has slipped a bit and needs adjusting to slightly increase the cut-out pressure.

Andy

I had a very similar problem on my Autotrail Chieftain and it was the filter in the non return valve before the pump that was blocked and was only allowing a little water through. I just removed it, un screwed the filter cleaned and put it book , works perfectly now.

How yours is as simple.

Stew

Archived