Avtex tv and sat system

duetto owner

our autosleeper duetto has a standard avtex tv with freeview fitted as standard kit of the vehicle when new, anyone got one of these and been able to fit a sat system to it.

if possible would like a sat dish on a tripod and a sat box that we can put our sky card into.

no idea if this is possible nor how to do it, live in surrey any m/home tv dealers round this way? all the ads for m/home sat dealers seem to be up north for some reason

Hi David

All you need to do is to plug the Dish coax cable into the TV.

If the signal is weak you can plug the dish coax in to your Power unit input socket, instead of your roof top ariel. Then the power unit output coax into your Satbox.

Hi David & Flicka. Don't know what you mean Flicka, this is the normal way. Have a sat dish on the van, or a portable one that you set-up on site,and a sat finder to set the postion. connect the dish LNB via the coax cable to the Sky box receiver, Then the Sky box to one of the tv av sockets. select that av socket on the tv remote control, then select the stations on the Sky box remote..

Brian B.

ps good info on that link. (lol)

All good advice.

But I will just mention that you do not have to use a "Sky" branded box to receive the satellite signals.

Any "Freesat" box will do it, you won't get the pay channels but you will get BBC ITV C4 C5 and most other channels plus a lot more.

You can get the signals as far south as Northern Spain then it's gone.

Aldi and Lidl sell a complete set up for around £65 - £80, you just have to wait for the offer to come around again.

Hallii

duetto owner - 2010-07-07 9:55 AM

our autosleeper duetto has a standard avtex tv with freeview fitted as standard kit of the vehicle when new, anyone got one of these and been able to fit a sat system to it.

Yep. you will need a satellite receiver something like a Zender or Sky. (Sky you can use, but needs to run on 240 volt, Manufacturers are not producing 12 volt Sky boxes now (could be corrected on this)

if possible would like a sat dish on a tripod and a sat box that we can put our sky card into.

Yep, Multimo Dish mounted on a tripod We used a camping washing line tripod. Dual use ! (Dont get the smalls wrapped around the dish, it spoils the signal)

no idea if this is possible nor how to do it, live in surrey any m/home tv dealers round this way? all the ads for m/home sat dealers seem to be up north for some reason

Easy to do yourself, you need to get the cable into the m/home either through the side with a proper connector, or through a window with a "thin wire"

The Web Bible !!

http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/

Rgds

We have the same kit fitted to our autosleeper and we use a cheapo unit we bought from Lidl's when they did the special offer. The dish LNB connects via coax to the receiver box and the connection from the receiver to the avtex is by using a scart lead. In the menu for the avtex (under inputs) select scart and you have freesat. That is of course if you have tuned the dish in to the correct satellite etc.

flicka - 2010-07-07 10:14 AM

Hi David

All you need to do is to plug the Dish coax cable into the TV.

If the signal is weak you can plug the dish coax in to your Power unit input socket, instead of your roof top ariel. Then the power unit output coax into your Satbox.

Sorry Flicka but plugging the dish coax directly into the TV or into a booster unit will not work. No Avtex TV as far as I'm aware has a built in satellite receiver. There are TVs that do but they are much larger units from mainstream domestic manufacturers such as Panasonic and Sony.

David, depending on which Avtex TV you have you will either need a scart cable to connect your sat receiver to the TV or an AV lead with an apropriate plug to suit the AV input of the TV. The smaller Avtex units don't have SCART but do have AV in either as phono sockets (red white and yellow) or via a triplex 3.5mm plug.

D.

You say you want a sat receiver to put your sky card into, just take your whole sat receiver.

Purchase a maxview portable dish 60cm will work all over europe i have tried it, i also happen to have one available for sale cheap coplete with instructions, finder and cable etc.

I got a cheap camera tripod from Lidl or Aldi, took the top bit off and using a `U`bolt ( like an exhaust clamp) fixed a Sky dish (free from my Sky house system installer) to it. I got a second hand Sky receiver (they sell for about £15). A single position LNB can be bought cheap (I recently bought a spare from Aldi for £8) and you are set. I remove the Sky card from the home receiver and take it away with us, to use in the van receiver.

The camera tripod can be raised so the dish is about head height and it worked up the West coast of Scotland in fairly mountainous terrain. If you can manage it in your van, buy a glass lifter, stick it to the roof and put the tripod out of the rooflight. Remember to attach a bungee between the two to keep it safe. I have never had to do this yet.

When it is roof mounted, it looks more impressive than these expensive motorised jobbies. :D

Archived