Not always the Dealers fault

FRANKP60

Recently had a Ford Fiesta park it self under my bike rack ,damaging the Bumper/Skirt and Light assembly.Took it into local dealer for a quote a week tomorrow ,chased the quote today to be told they are still waiting for a price from Eldiss ,they chased it this morning to be told they would get a call pm today .On Eldiss wed site it says they are comitted to stocking parts for vehicle for up to 8 years old ,must be esy when you dont allow anyone to buy them.

I live about 15 miles from the Elddis factory and felt like driving up there and making a scene so that somebody from the company would finally speak to me.

That is the main reason why I would never buy another one. The product was not the problem, just the maker.

You can expect to wait for months for parts like body panels, bumper skirts etc as the manufacturers generally have them made to order. I know this as both my brother and brother in law have had similar cases with there caravans. So in defence of the manufacturer its probably not really there fault either as they cannot be expected to hold stock of every single body panel for every single model of caravan / motorhome that they have produced over the years.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear.

We had our 2 year old Autotrail 630 rear moulding damaged by a caravan on a storage site. We dealt direct with Autotrail and the part has to be ordered from the moulding manufacturer, we were quoted 10 -12 weeks but it was supplied in 8 and has now been fitted.

Archived