TRUMA AQUATHERM PROBLEM.

kayakking1

HI,I OWN A MOTOR HOME AND AM SLOWLY WORKING THROUGH A LIST OF FAULTS THAT THE VEHICLE HAS DUE TO THE LAST OWNER NOT MAINTAINING THE VAN THE WAY YOU WOULD EXPECT IT TO BE MAINTAINED.

THE UNDER FLOOR WET HEATING SYSTEM,TRUMA AQUATHERM WILL NOT WORK OFF THE GAS.WORKS OKAY OFF HOOK-UP BUT WHEN I TRY IT ON GAS IT GOES IMMEDIATELY TO A CONSTANT RED FAULT LED AFTER ASINGLE CLICK NOISE,NOT AN IGNITION TYPE CLICK,MORE LIKE THAT OF A RELAY SWICH.THIS CLICK SEEMS TO BE COMING FROM THE FRONT OF THE UNIT ABOUT HALF WAY UP FROM BEHIND THE BLACK CARDBOARD CASING COVER.THERE IS GAS GOING TO THE UNIT AND THE SYSTEM IS TOPPED UP WITH WATER.ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. (?)

Just a wild guess, is there any (or enough) gas getting to the heating unit ? There has been a quite a few regulators that have partly or totally failed due to leaching of of materials from the rubber hoses.

If you undo the gas hoses and see an amout of yellow oily gunge (tech term !). It could be the regulator giving trouble.

Some times lighting all the gas rings on the stove and trying the heater can cause a obvious dip in pressure on the flames.

Rgds

Hi Carol & welcome to the forum.

I don't recognise the Aquatherm & it does not look to be a current model, so if you can post details of your motorhome it may help others to recognise it.

Do you have the Operating manual (?)

If all else fails drop an e-mail to Truma at:- technical@trumauk.com

or phone - Service and Technical Tel: 01283 586020 Fax: 01283 586029

http://www.trumauk.com/contact.asp

It does sound like a gas supply fault, but if that's eliminated it's possibly a fault on the PCB. The gunk issue is well known and worth a look. If it's air in the supply line it might take a fair bit of purging so patience in getting a good steady gas flow to the inlet may be rewarded. It would be dangerous to advise you to crack open the inlet pipe a little and purge it that way.

I take it you've been here: http://www.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma-Katalog/gb/aquatherm/aquatherm.html 

Though not the same fault, I had a fuse pop on the PCB of a truma heater and messing with it made me distinctly uneasy.

Good luck.

Archived