french LPG stations

antony1969

we are having 2 gaslow bottles fitted Tuesday after taking advice of the good folk on here . Just reading letter in July MMM on the subject of places in France where you can fill the bottles . The letter suggests that places where you could previously fill up now no longer have LPG at the pumps . Has anybody else come across this in France recently as obviously I would hate spend money on gas conversion only to find difficulties inn filling them , Thanks for any replies

Hi Anthony

We have two gaslows fitted on our French based MH and have no problems finding gas. Along with French diesel pumps they can occasionally be a bit tight to access sometimes.

We find (with diesel heating) our fridge / cooking / water heating use a bottle in about 28 days. (wild camping).

Look at the web site http://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/ and this lists 'gpl' stations by departemnt and current prices -make sure you look at the later as a guarantee that they are still selling as some stations have stopped. Make sure you have the claw gun adapter to fill.

In March I found that several of the supermarket filling stations have GPL much cheaper than elsewhere. Some of them at quite small supermarkets.

Not sure if that's always been so or if I'm just getting tighter or should I say more careful with my dosh *-)

I have never needed to have a list of GPL pumps in France and usually see several in a day if on the move.

antony1969 - 2010-07-08 8:41 PM

..... Just reading letter in July MMM on the subject of places in France where you can fill the bottles . The letter suggests that places where you could previously fill up now no longer have LPG at the pumps . ................

I would be curious what the letter in MMM says. Last time I was in France was 2008 and at that time you could find LPG pumps all over the place. No problem whatsoever... so unless something changed in last year or so it shouldn't be a problem

hi antony1969

we are just at the border with belgium

no probs getting lpg in france ...but price has varied wildly...

just filled up at auchan at hirson ....0.67c

this has been cheapest we have seen for some time ....many places 0.71-0.75c

when we set off on 2 may uk motorway price was 0.69 pence

on 3rd may auchan at calais was 0.64c !!!

it ain't getting any cheaper *-)

cheers

berti

Archived