Le Treport Aire

yagsas

Three weeks ago a lady collected money in the evening and a token was needed to usse the borne. We didn't need it so didn't ask where to get one, but I expect it's the tourist office.

Paying by card with free services (assuming there is free access at all times) is a great improvement.

We have used this excellent aire several time and we are glad that something has been done to get rid of the free loaders. Very often we have seen vans vacate the aire just before somebody comes round to collect the money, only to return about an hour later.

We have noticed this happens quite a lot on a number of aires. I hate to say it but it was always French motorhomes that did it too!

We stayed on the aire at Berck sur Mer last month and two motorhomes went off each morning about twenty minutes before the girls from the council came to collect the payment. They then returned within minutes of the girls leaving then did exactly the same thing in the evening (the collectors come twice a day) almost always at the same time.

We watched one day where they went. There is a carpark a couple of hundred yards away thats where they parked so could see when the collectors left!

We mentioned it to the girls one morning they said they knew but the council said that they had to call at given times so were unable to do anything about it.

I guess it all goes back to when all the aires were free, and a lot of French motorhomers now object to paying!

One motorhome was parking on the car park and coming on to the aire to fill his water, empty his waste and toilet, despite notices saying the facilities were for paying clients.

Don't forget there is now a second aire at Le Treport at top of town near the cliff railway station, so easy and free ride to town. This aire is free to stay on but services are charged. (Not in the British "All" the aires book, but in The Guide National... and on camping-car infos web site.

Archived