Aires list

hymer1942

There is nothing wrong with Brezolles, wish were heading there now instead of back to Calais because of family illness. Our three best aires (visited this year) :

Nozay (dept 44)

Nort-sur-Erdre (dept 44)

Gorron (dept 53)

Interesting over 100 views and only 2 or 3 constructive responses!

Not many responses, come on folks!

Here are two more:

Yesterday stayed at Bouere (dept 53). This is one for both camp site and aires people as it is an old municipal camp site now an aire. Individual grass hedged pitches near centre of a lovely village. Cost? Well free except for 2 Euros if need water; what more can you ask?

Tonight staying at La Flech (dept 72) en route to Calais. Parked right at river side, great views and almost in town centre. Free parking and services. Downside near busy road, but worth it for view. (camp site lovers note: site available on opposite side of river, sorry no views and caravans look very close but further from roadside. Of course more facilities on site like the wi-fi Iam using to send this!)

Bouchermaine just outside Angers if you have a bike.

right by river side, old camp by the look of it. Shower and EHU .

7 without leccy 11euros with, I think that was what it was at Easter.

Brilliant cycle path all the way into Angers no roads.

Mandy

Hi,

Sorry to pop up again but just found another cracker! This is the aire at Rugles (Dept 27). Nice setting on edge of parkland and 200 m from town centre. All services free, inc electric hook-up (on 1 hour push button-hey it's hard work on these aires). 3 large marked spaces (remembered not to call them pitches) with just ourselves and one other van at moment. If you want to give it a try it is almost mid-way between Brezolles and Gace (both firm favourites with many of you we know).

Well heres my three pennorth for what it's worth

1..Forge le Eaux..about 40ks north of Rouen very large.. room for at least 50 vans..EHUs...water...grey/black waste dump..5.60 Euros

2..Mer sur Cher..Near Vierzon small 5/6 van aire very cosy EHUs..water..grey/black waste dump even has it's own WC!!..5.50 Euros via credit card reader on barrier

3..Bouchmaine... Near Angers very large ex municipa..l acres of space..showers toilets EHUs water grey/black waste 11 Euros with EHU

Guest pelmetman

Just a thought, and it is probably for the mods but it would be handy if this thread could be made permanant and sub divided by area (?) Not that I know anything about the work involved :-S

I expect to be shot down in flames soon (lol)

How About LA MAILLERAYE SUR SEINE DEPT76 5 EURO right next to river

For reasons that I dont understand we also like LA ROCHELLE Park and Ride there is lots of space and the 10 euros cost allows you to park for 24 hours with use of the bus into town as many times as you like. Car park locked at night with exit only. CONCARNEAU PORZOU dept 29 its right next to the sea and river within walking distance of the walled town via the foot ferry and it was free last year

Vic - 2010-07-18 10:09 PM

Two I've tried in the last 3 months, Honfleur and Le Mont St Michel. Both 7€ with EHU.

Mont St Michel with EHU where the hell did you find that, when we were their in June not even a tap and price is now 10 euro.

Guest JudgeMental

mont has electric in area to left facing town....but you need a long lead and a 3 way plug/socket adaptor and understanding neighbours :-S

EDIT: Doh! sorry..... thinking of Honfleur

pelmetman - 2010-07-18 6:40 PM

Just a thought, and it is probably for the mods but it would be handy if this thread could be made permanant and sub divided by area (?) Not that I know anything about the work involved :-S

I expect to be shot down in flames soon (lol)

hi pelmetman,

if the mods dont make this a sticky topic, you could make your own word document of the aires listed and put them into areas as well.

Also when other aires are listed on other posts you can add them as well to your doc then you can build up your own list for future use

hope this helps

jonathan

Archived