C&CC Sites POI for Tom Tom

Keithl

Hi All,

I have just found on the C&CC website under the 'Exclusive for members' area a POI file of all the clubs sites, CL's and Forest holiday sites as well as all their 'listed' sites.

At the moment it's only available as a POI set for Tom Tom's or as a .csv file for other sat nav's. Unfortunately it is only available to members and the T&C do not allow it be copied or posted elsewhere so unless you're a member then sorry but I can't send you a copy.

I had been using the POI set from Tom Tom home but have found it to be rather out of date so hopefully this set will be kept up to date.

I'll let you know how I get on using it in a couple of weeks time.

Keith.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

We visited 3 C&CC sites whilst away during the last few days and the POI's from the C&CC website are far better than those we had been using previously from Tom Tom Home.

All the POI's were actually on the campsites and not just 'somewhere near' as we had previously found.

If you're in the C&CC I'd say its definitely worth using their own POI's.

Keith.

The trouble with the 'new' POIs is that it only contains the name of the CS i.e.

"Weston-super-Mare - Gorselands"

whereas my out of date set shows for the same location :-

"Mrs P A Marsh, Gorselands, Roman Road, Bleadon Hill, Weston-super-Mare. North Somerset BS24 OAD  [Tel:01934 813234] - [GPS 51.31553, -2.934076] 2.3 acres, level, hardstands, wc, shwrs, raz pt, el pts, play area, open Jan-Dec"

Now if I could only persuade someone to update my set . . . . . . .

W2G

Archived