2007 Fiat ducato spare wheel.

Nigel

Due to a chap near me assuring me that he could supply me a spare and ten weeks later still no wheel! So i am still looking for a 15" spare wheel for my '07 model motorhome Don't mind if it is a wheel or wheel and tyre anything considered. We are off to France in three weeks and i'm not happy travelling with no spare. I know that i have not had a punture in years but you know what they say about "sods law". I have tried all local breakers but they really only deal in cars. Thanks Nigel.

Hi

This seems to becoming a trend with MH Manufacturers not supplying a spare wheel and tyre apparently under the excuse of "it saves weight" I think its more like the car manufacturers who sell you a car with 4 alloy wheels and a steel spare or a space saver, all it is doing is saving them money, in the case of alloy wheels alot of money. If you damage a wheel or tyre or just wear one out it means you carnt just swop it for the spare yoy have to shell out for a new one which could be upto £500, I think its time that when looking to buy a new MH or a second hand one we should insist on a spare wheel or a discount off the cost.

Hope you find a reasonably priced wheel & tyre, I certainly wouldnt travel aborad without one, as we live in France we know the cost of tyres is much higher here than the UK but if you have breakdown assistance, they will just come out and change your spare.

Ken nugent

We had the same problem when we owned our Ace Airstream and did not want to worry about a blowout whilst in France so I just bought a new tyre for about £65 wrapped it in some bin liners and laid it under one of the side facing seats , made a light ply cover for it so stuff could be placed on top of it to recover some of the lost space , at least if you have a blowout you can get the tyre fitted easier than trying to buy one abroad .

Have a ring around your local tyre dealers to get the best price as its for a tyre only and no fitting the price can be quite reasonable.

Archived